Griggs World Challenge Frame Kit

Jroc

Established Member
We finally finished the install of the lower and upper FLSFCs.
I did a review of most connectors readily available and this is what made most sense to me, from a structual engineering standpoint.
Lower-Steeda.
Upper-Griggs full length. The kit needed quite a bit of massaging to make it fit. We also did a bit of self engineering for added stiffness.
Block welded the lowers to the uppers so now they are essentially one unit.
Never seen that done anywhere before, but it sure does stiffen things up.
Since it was our first time, it took longer than expected. As far as instructions-let's just say it's a good thing we're pretty good at fabrication and can think on the fly. It was alot of work, but well worth it for me.
Alignment is very important to me, and you can't align a wet noodle.

All parts got 3 coats of POR-15 and a final coat of Chassis Black.

All work performed by Jim Rymdeko and Bruno Stockinger at L&M Engines.

A few pics for your review:
a075.jpg

a077.jpg

a087.jpg

b001.jpg

Bruno.....

Are you saying that you bridged the through floor SFC's and the regular SFC's together? How do you go about doing that? Any pictures?(especially of under the car.)

I've got some through floor SFC's that I will be installing shorting in my Foxbody project, and I would like to add some regular SFC's, and some jack rails also, and I would prefer to connect both sets of SFC's together.

Thanks,

Jesse

DocB

Established Member
Block welded. Put a block of steel between the uppers and lowers and weld together.

Jroc

Established Member
I see.

Do you remember what kind of gap there was between the two? Did you block weld the whole gap, or just on place? I feel that it would be hard to do that to the whole gap with my SFC's, and they probably wouldn't run perfectly parallel with one another.

Here's the kit I went with.
79/93 Mustang Subframe Connectors Through The Floor | eBay

I like how they appear to extend through the whole floor pan, and not just ride over the top of half of it.

Users who are viewing this thread