grill snake emblem question.

docs03

Established Member
Emblem size

For those of you who have replaced the emblem doesn't the snake look small in the opening?? Maybe it's just me......

StreetSnake

Established Member
For those of you who have replaced the emblem doesn't the snake look small in the opening?? Maybe it's just me......

It's not you it does look small

B

blown03cobra

I think it looks fine considering our 03's allready have huge, empty openings. The only problem I found was that the Cobra emblem does not match the ones on our sides..... the head and eye is slightly different, I know its anal but just saying

SVTyballz

Established Member
With everyone changing out their grill pony for a snake, I think I'll just leave mine on. My feeling is that if someone doesn't know that it is a Cobra, then that is their problem. I could care less whether or not they know. I know. And people that care about it know. just my 2 centz.

gary

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
At first I thought that it was going to be too small as compared to the pony, but I think it distinguishes the car just a little more.. sometimes I see people checking out the car from the front w/ lost faces and I'm figurin' that they're looking at the cobra and wondering what the hell it is.. its good for a laugh!

blucobra03

Established Member
Sky, where do you get this safety torx #25 at for making the grille emblem changeout ? And are you sure it's a 25 and not a 20 as I've heard both sizes mentioned in various posts. Thanks for the help !!

CWCobra

Established Member
Has anybody considered the "SVT Cobra" stacked logo as a substitute for the grille pony? I've seen 'em advertised, but not in person. I'm prolly gonna stay with the pony anyhow.
Later,
CW

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by blucobra03
Sky, where do you get this safety torx #25 at for making the grille emblem changeout ? And are you sure it's a 25 and not a 20 as I've heard both sizes mentioned in various posts. Thanks for the help !!

I just checked. it's a 20.

gary

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I got my grille emblem from HP Motorsports in NE for $26. It matches the side emblems perfectly, though it does seem a bit small in the opening.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
hey bud.. I just checked and the safety torx that took the stock pony off is made by Great Neck part# 2002 "T-25 Star Bit /Tamper proof/1/4 " Hex Heat treated" from Autozone..

As far as the size... its perfect.. i figure im gaining at least 0.02 hp just cause of the increased air flow from having the grill snake! :bash: :kaboom:

blucobra03

Established Member
I was just trying to take the pony off the front of the car with a torx bit and found that the bolt head recess has a little tit right in the center and will not permit the safety torx to go into the recess. Do the rest of you have the same torx head bolts ? I may be a little slow buy how are you supposed to be able to get the torx bit in there ? Any suggestions folks .....

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Not just a torx, but a safety torx, it has a hole in it to fit the "tit", thats why they call it a safety torx. Has anyone found an ornament with the correct 03 bracket yet.

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Safety torx are a pain if you don't have the correct torx set. You can sometimes use a small screwdriver if you don't have a Safety torx set.

Users who are viewing this thread