grill snake emblem question.

Snoker

Established Member
Edz,

No I have not found an answer to the factory bracket when replacing the OEM horse with the available aftermarket Snake. I did purchase from PPI the Snake and have installed it. It looks OK, except, as you state, the factory location where the OEM Horse braced itself. There is a 3/4 by 1/2 inch hole and surrounding the hole is metal in the color of your vehicle, in my case, Red. I have considered painting the Red color Black, but if I do, have not decided best way to do that. Suire don't want overspray and feel brushing by not provide professional results.

Driving down the road, most will not see the factory bracket hole, but close up viewing, it can be seen.

It would be nice to see after market to attach Snake on 03 style bracket.

Have you or anyone else any suggestions?

edz

Retired.
Established Member
No, I bought a snake and installed it but the red spot drove me crazy, I thought about cutting a piece of plastic and molding it around the back side, but instead returned the ornamant and went back to the horse. Gonna wait for the correct bracket. Oh yea I lost one of the screws behind the bumper, and the replacement that I ordered from Ford is not the correct screw. I guess with all the problems that people are having my biggest problem is where to get a replacement safety/torx screw.

Last edited:

Snoker

Established Member
I am considering returning to the horse and waiting for the correct bracket with a snake. I have placed a rubber black grommet in the hole, but just doesn't look original or professional.

I am sure someone will step up to the plate and produce a snake & bracket that will replace the OEM.

Good luck on your search for your lost part.

Users who are viewing this thread