Grinded Second Bad, Now It's Hard To Shift...WTF??

norrin302

Established Member
So I'm getting on it a little from a stop... I run through first, and tried to hit second, but missed it, and grinded it a few times... I laid off, and coasted down a bit. When I went to put it back in to gear, it was tough to get in. Now it's tough to get in all gears, especially reverse. I tried pulling up on the clutch pedal to adjust the quadrant, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Could I maybe have stretched my clutch cable or something? I've had the Cobra for less than 2 weeks, so I'm really not sure what happened. I'm hoping it's an easy fix, but I'm prepared for the worst. Can anyone help me diagnose what happened? :shrug:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Really sounds like you might have damaged the tranny- shift fork or synchro. It's possible, but unlikely, that your quadrant (assuming it's original) is stripped, preventing the clutch from releasing. You might look under the car while someone is pressing on the clutch and see if the clutch fork is moving well.

norrin302

Established Member
I don't know if it helps, but I don't hear any clicks or anything when I pull up on the clutch to adjust it.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
I dont know if it applies to your situation , but when I had a tough time getting into any gear it ended up being a frayed clutch cable.

Users who are viewing this thread