Grinding Calipers to get 15inch skinnies to work??

trey193

Established Member
Anyone done it or know anyone who has? I have heard alot of 01 Cobra guys doing it , I was just wonderin how much has to be taken off and where it has to be taken off at? I am pretty anal about my car and dont want it to look like ass, as long as U couldnt notice it through the stock 03 wheel while looking at the caliper then I am all about doing it. Kinda in a rush because I need skinnies to run @ WFC and my buddy has some 15-4 Telstars with a 1/4 spacer I am thinking about using!

Last edited:

Rwick7

Established Member
Have you test fit them Trey? If you put some high temp black paint back over where your grind it'll be pretty un-noticeable

snakeyes

Established Member
I've done it on a 98 cobra. I would think it would be similar. That being said you have to grind quite a bit off to fit. It is almost to the point where you have to grind off the "COBRA" on the caliper. It took about 5 hours to do both sides. It was a project car at my frineds shop and he has since sold it so I have no way to get you pics. I think Bogart makes wheels specifically to address this issue. You might want to check into them before hacking up your calipers.

trey193

Established Member
Great info Snake, I def. dont want to marr up where it says Cobra a little is fine but nothing noticeable. Randy we are gonna test fit them tomorrow and see whats up and whats gonna be involved, I also called your cell and left U a message, ring me at work tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread