Grinding Noise

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm experiencing a slight grinding noise in every gear around 3k RPMs. It's happening even in warmer weather (around 60° is the current high around here), and still occurs after 10-15 minutes of driving. I haven't gotten a chance to have the service guys look at it, but I was wondering if this was one of the issues people are having with the new MT-82?

Frank97cobra

Established Member
Hey I got a little noise going into second but mainly when cold such as in the first few miles...but only in second:??:

AmnDucky

Established Member
It is. You can try taking it in, but the dealership will probably tell you "Ford is looking into the problem and we are advised to not take action at this time" or whatever.

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
That's what I figured. I emailed the service department at the dealership I bought my car from and asked them about it. We'll see what they have to say. Thanks for the info!

Tispho

Established Member
If its grinding in every gear then it could be the pressure plate problem.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
If its grinding in every gear then it could be the pressure plate problem.

this

If it is intermittent then it is the fluid issue. I am 97.637% that the intermittent issues with cold/second gear has to do with the fluid due to the variables that have to deal with fluid viscosity at varying temperatures. Could not be something mechanically wrong with the transmission because the symptoms would be consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread