Griptec 2.5 pulley

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I currently have a standard 2.5 upper on my Gen3 TVS but I'm sure I'm getting a little belt slip, so I'm thinking of getting the griptec 2.5 upper. Anyone on here running a griptec pulley? I've heard a 2.5 griptec will make more boost than a standard 2.4 upper. Just not sure how true that is

PM-Performance

Established Member
Do you log your boost?
If not, I suggest you do both before and after. That way if it really does, it can be proved.
A lot of here say on these groups with no actual data and gets people to waste money

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you log your boost?
If not, I suggest you do both before and after. That way if it really does, it can be proved.
A lot of here say on these groups with no actual data and gets people to waste money
I have a autometer boost gauge. I'm seeing 15 to 18psi right now. So I'm curious to see if I do pick up any extra boost. I'll probably order one.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there any way to log boost except the LR Boost Box Omega?
I’m sure there is, but we were just talking about this as my friend and I don’t log boost.
Also, I should start another thread, but best belt?
I had belt snapping/breaking issues with the Gates Racing. I was going to go back to green but VMP sent a standard belt with the 2.4 upper after we spoke and I said I’d go with their recommendation.
-J

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there any way to log boost except the LR Boost Box Omega?

Yes. I use an AeroForce 3.5 bar map sensor 0-5V analog output connected to the firewire cable input on my SCT X4. You have to use a voltage to PSI conversion formula in LiveLink (just like the AeroForce Interceptor gauge does) to get calculated boost, but it is not difficult to figure out.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I log boost as wel with a 3.5bar map sensor with my ZT2 into my ngauge.

mad fast as belts, I can’t say I am overly happy with the Gates Racing belt. I think the RPM is the same for a fraction of the price , but I still see some belt dust. I may run a green next. I think I heard the harder belts are indeed not better.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I currently have a standard 2.5 upper on my Gen3 TVS but I'm sure I'm getting a little belt slip, so I'm thinking of getting the griptec 2.5 upper. Anyone on here running a griptec pulley? I've heard a 2.5 griptec will make more boost than a standard 2.4 upper. Just not sure how true that is
Are you running an aux idler?

StephenL

Established Member
Griptec pulleys are fantastic. the technology they implemented on these pulleys just puts it above and beyond others. I would say its hands down worth it. Let me know if I can get you a deal on one as we have a direct relationship with Griptec.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Griptec pulleys are fantastic. the technology they implemented on these pulleys just puts it above and beyond others. I would say its hands down worth it. Let me know if I can get you a deal on one as we have a direct relationship with Griptec.

tell them to release a 2.4 to avoid overpaying through VMP for one

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That's quite a claim. I wonder if that was actually measured & what the Griptec 2.4 would pull in boost. I'd swap my VMP 2.4 upper for a Griptec of it added 1 psi .
Heck..I'd do it for 1/2 lb boost :)->) .
I know griptec hasn't made a 2.4 pulley yet, but supposedly they're going to. I'm going to order the 2.5 griptec and do the best I can to watch my boost gauge and get a couple datalogs for my tuner, I'm hoping it makes at least another pound or 2.

It would interested to see a back to back test the 2.4 standard and the 2.5 griptec.

PM-Performance

Established Member
That's quite a claim. I wonder if that was actually measured & what the Griptec 2.4 would pull in boost. I'd swap my VMP 2.4 upper for a Griptec of it added 1 psi .
Heck..I'd do it for 1/2 lb boost :)->) .
Swap your VMP for a BPS and it will do it. I hated my VMP pullies with a passion. Sooo much belt slip

Users who are viewing this thread