ground clearance on Hellions kit?

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
hey guys-
do any of you have this kit? still up in the air between a 2.1 KB and hellions single kit for my 99GT. one thing im worried about is the ground clearance of the turbo kit. i know it goes under the k member, but by how much? i currently have a 2 in drop in front/ 1.5 in back and BBK LTs. i can get by on all but the worst of speed bumps with no scraping. i was thinking the turbo piping wouldn't be as bad due to the fact that the piping is around the wheels and my LTs are behind them.

if anyone has pics or any experience with this, please let me know.

TRBO VNM

is you were to measure ground clearance between the ground and stock K and then with the turbo kit installed from ground to piping, I was informed it is less than 1/4 inch lower. there are a lot of 99-04 kits out there and have no issues that I have seen posted. obviously you shouldn't be riding around with the car slammed whether you have the kit or not. your long tubes also probably sit lower than typical as well.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I don't think u will have any problems. I just looked at the install on a friend of mines cobra and all I can say is that kit is second to none in quality, fit and finish. His was tucked up in there very nicely. If I had the $$$ this is definately the road I would take.

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I don't think u will have any problems. I just looked at the install on a friend of mines cobra and all I can say is that kit is second to none in quality, fit and finish. His was tucked up in there very nicely. If I had the $$$ this is definately the road I would take.
thanks, guys..
yeah, the fit and finish is the reason i want to go with hellion. a friend of mine knows john and recommended his company to me.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
you could always get the kit and customize the tubing afterwards. i have a thp kit which originally sat REALLY LOW.... then redid the piping from the bend in the downpipes back to 3" oval piping. my piping now site closer and more flush to the body than any other kit out there. it just take a little ingenuinity.

Users who are viewing this thread