GROUP PURCHASE ON HOOD SHOCKS

lethal

Established Member
The deal was completed already :shrug:

We're now waiting on the shipping of the units, my card was charged yesterday, and so I'm going to check my PO Box Saturday, they should be here.

If you like, you can attempt to call Steve and ask him (the 800 number is back a page or two). Otherwise, you may not get in on the GP price.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hardhit also has a link for another product that is similar (expect for warranty).

John

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Got mine all installed. Very nice. I like them. Not real easy to bolt the hood part in though. I'd recommend putting the screws all the way through the brackets to cut in the threads prior to painting them. And put some other bolts in the holes while you paint them to keep the thread clean.

Can someone do me a favor and tell me what size wrench fits the nuts (not the bolts, it's a 6mm) for the hood part? The black ones with the washer attached. I want to make sure mine are tight and it's hard to tell what wrench fits now that they are in.

I'll post pics once I gt my liner back in tomorrow. Maybe I'll even do a vid of it opening to make all you proppers jealous :lol:

Last edited:

fastgascar

Established Member
I got my 2 sets, the install went beautiful. FYI: Use a dremel to cut the holes out on the back side of the hood, you will have more control and the holes don't have to be to big, just enough for a set of long needle nose pliers and the nut to fit in just be patient so you don't drop the nut.

coleman

Established Member
i went to Home Depot to inquire about these "threaded inserts that install like pop rivets" and they looked at me like I was crazy ... how did they know :lol1:

ok, I need a pic & where to get it!!!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
card was charged Sep 24th
invoice was dated Oct 5th
product shipped Oct 6th
received them Oct 8th
probably won't install until this winter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread