Grudges have started already!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Why? I could care less. Racing in a straight line, does nothing for me. Everyone here knows (or so I hope) what the Boss 302 was designed for and after, and what anyone uses it for, is there business.

I guess its better then the person who buys a new Boss 302, tucks in the garage, in theory that it will be gain value 50 yrs. later. :dancenana:

If your really from SoCal, then I can understand why nothing straight does anything for you...:poke:

steveofiveo

Established Member
How about trying some old school tricks . . .

Disconnect the front sway bar, put some slicks or drag radials on it (drag radials might be to inconsistant) and practice on how to get weight transfer on the street and drill him out of the gate. That'll get his anxiety level up and probably push him into making a mistake and smoking his tires trying to play catch up. I've raced plenty of faster cars on the street and the guy that hooks and gets out first usually wins. The Z06 is fast (one of my buddy's has one) but racing one from a dead stop on the street is all driver !

My two cents

Thanks

S

ArabianOak

Established Member
How about trying some old school tricks . . .

Disconnect the front sway bar, put some slicks or drag radials on it (drag radials might be to inconsistant) and practice on how to get weight transfer on the street and drill him out of the gate. That'll get his anxiety level up and probably push him into making a mistake and smoking his tires trying to play catch up. I've raced plenty of faster cars on the street and the guy that hooks and gets out first usually wins. The Z06 is fast (one of my buddy's has one) but racing one from a dead stop on the street is all driver !

My two cents

Thanks

S

I agree! I was practicing my launches in the BOSS today and got some wheel hop a few times...

Anybody else get this on occassion?

steveofiveo

Established Member
I agree! I was practicing my launches in the BOSS today and got some wheel hop a few times...

Anybody else get this on occassion?

I guess the hop is in the upper control arm. I probably would look into that. Dont forget about the tires. They are the great equilizer ! I ran 16 lbs on my nitto's and it hooked awesome. I did have to take it a little easier on the street launch though. Bring some vht too !

I really think you have a shot against the Z06 but you have to put some lengths on him out of the gate.

Ps you'll probably have to ride the clutch out a little instead of just popping it

Practice

Practice

Practice

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Here is a Corvette that was on the cusp of the 10's all day. This is quicker than a Z06. Here is what a decent launch, halfway decent traction and banging gears will get you. My car is consistently 3 tenths quicker than this now, but that does not matter. Traction, bang gears get in front...win race.

A Roush UCA will eliminate the hop, as well a good set of LCAs and bracket.

[youtube_browser]ErWgFcUwm7A[/youtube_browser]

Boss3o2

Established Member
Really? Being a marine I know that's BS. Marines love pussy more than u love the stock boss tune.

That's not what Google says. No need to defend yourself bud, you're in an ERA where it's accepted. So no need for the tough guy act, behind a computer. :burnout:

P.S - Enjoy your Boss. I'll stay out of your thread now.

ArabianOak

Established Member
That's not what Google says. No need to defend yourself bud, you're in an ERA where it's accepted. So no need for the tough guy act, behind a computer. :burnout:

P.S - Enjoy your Boss. I'll stay out of your thread now.

I got out in 2003. No gays allowed back then BUT once a Marine ALWAYS a Marine. Instead of talking shit about the very people that gave you your freedom, maybe YOU should try respecting the military!

After all if you can't stand behind the military then you might as well stand IN FRONT!

Boss3o2

Established Member
Instead of talking shit about the very people that gave you your freedom, maybe YOU should try respecting the military!

After all if you can't stand behind the military then you might as well stand IN FRONT!

There you go again. Where was I talking "sh*t" as you call it? You were the one who initiated a snide remark to myself. Get your facts straight, before you point the finger.

Also - Let's not turn this into a political debate, as freedom wars have not taken place since the Civic and Revolutionary Wars. Again, I have my respect, where its due. Sounds like you take your own advice.

uhhh, Ok? :??:

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
There you go again. Where was I talking "sh*t" as you call it? You were the one who initiated a snide remark to myself. Get your facts straight, before you point the finger.

Also - Let's not turn this into a political debate, as freedom wars have not taken place since the Civic and Revolutionary Wars. Again, I have my respect, where its due. Sounds like you take your own advice.

uhhh, Ok? :??:

Sounds like you have never served even ONE day and don't know what the **** your talking about.

Boss3o2

Established Member
Sounds like you have never served even ONE day and don't know what the **** your talking about.

It's you're, not "your". "You're" wrong again. I served 22 yrs., Retired Air Force - Vietnam & Gulf War. 90% of your posts, consist of you asking clueless trivial questions, and I am the one that doesn't know what I am talking about? :pop:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Hmmmmm, I've got the :pop:, who brought the beer? This shit's gettin' good.... :dancenana:

ArabianOak

Established Member
It's you're, not "your". "You're" wrong again. I served 22 yrs., Retired Air Force - Vietnam & Gulf War. 90% of your posts, consist of you asking clueless trivial questions, and I am the one that doesn't know what I am talking about? :pop:

AHHHHHH! Chair Force. Now this all makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread