gs-d3 ?

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Hello all, would it be ok to put ds-g3's on the back only and leave the f1's on the front ?........any driving/handling issues........i have my ideas but would like some other opinions.............. :shrug:

Quick Strike

Established Member
I am on my second set of 285 D3s on the rear. They have far better traction and tread life then the stock F1s they replaced. I have replaced the F1s up front with used F1s twice due to a persistent alignment problem. I did not want to ruin a new set of new D3s because of this problem. I have the alignment solved at last (MM caster camber plates), and I am convinced I have been missing something by not having 275 D3s up front. I have not had any handling issues, but the difference in grip between the tires has to have a performance cost at some point. I do not want to find out the difference the hard way. The next set of front tires will be the D3s.

jean

Established Member
Put the D3s on the rear and i left the f1's on the front and i have no problem.
When the f1 will have to be change (another 3 000 miles),the rear D3s will go on the front and in the back i wll put a new set of D3s.Bought at tire rack for $ 834 with shipping.(suppose to get a refund of $60 from GY)

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
I put GSD3 315s on the rear, kept the stock F1s up front. No issues yet. When the stock F1s get worn out, I'll replace with some 275 GSD3s. I figure by that time the rears will need to be replaced too, so I'll have a set of all new and matched tires then (well, not matched size-wise, but grip wise).

Users who are viewing this thread