GT 500 for sale in San Antonio, TX

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Hey coakeson, how much $$$ will you make off that sale? :poke: If you really only meant to show us the silliness of the requested asking price, I suggest you say so...

Seriously - who in the hell would buy a USED GT500 for $15k over MSRP when they can be had new for less? 4600 miles??? $35k, no more - and that's being generous.

Anyone who bites on this must really not know their options...

coakeson

Established Member
Its ridiculous how much they are going for. I was just letting you guys know that there was a used one for sale for that much. I'm not making any money off of it. I wish I could sell my car for that much used.

Daemonj

Established Member
$35k is wayyyy too low. With the current market, I would expect a few thousand above MSRP even for a used GT500. Used vert, I'm thinking 54-58 is more than a doable selling price considering a loaded vert is pushing 50k MSRP if you can find one.

Maybe $45k in a year or two but it will be a fairly long wait before you find a GT500 vert for $35k, used or not.

Jason

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
So are you the seller, then? (both San Antonio?)

For people who know what they're doing, you can get a brand new GT500 for MSRP if you look hard enough. (For example, if you're savvy go find a dealer who isn't certified, and offer to pay for their certification in return for a *new* GT500 at MSRP.) Buying a USED one for $15k over MSRP is just plain stupid. Granted, I did miss the convertible part. Given that, I raise my fictitious offer to $40k.

Once you drive a car off a lot, it's used and the value immediately depreciates. Yes, it's a Shelby and will probably hold value better than stock GTs (just like the terminators have), but it's still used.

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well I have to disagree with you on that one.A used Shelby will & should bring more than MSRP unless there are area's of the country where there are more available than buyers which is definetly not the case nor will be for anytime soon. Up here in the great white north I get offers for mine on a regular basis & from people capable of paying not dreamers.As long as it's a sellers market & Ford doesn't decide to make 30000 more this year or next which should be for a couple of years you can forget about ever getting one weather new or used for under MSRP.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Ok then, I accede to the argument of the GT500 'vert owner. :) It still seems silly to me, though! I'm really curious what that dealer paid for the GT500 trade-in... Anyone know the true bluebook value on GT500s yet?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Daemonj said:
$35k is wayyyy too low. With the current market, I would expect a few thousand above MSRP even for a used GT500. Used vert, I'm thinking 54-58 is more than a doable selling price considering a loaded vert is pushing 50k MSRP if you can find one.

Maybe $45k in a year or two but it will be a fairly long wait before you find a GT500 vert for $35k, used or not.

Jason

You sir are on crack if you think they are going to get anything close to 60k for that car. Even more so if you think they wil go for 45k in a year or two. 6 more months and you'll see them a MSRP pretty commonly.
The car was posted on a local forum too al be it several weeks ago. I'm sure they are just hoping for some sucker to come along. The small price to pay i keeping the car on the floor is outweighed by the potential profit a such a rediculous price.
60k buys you a pretty nice new vet vert.

MD03SVT

Established Member
eichisama said:
Ok then, I accede to the argument of the GT500 'vert owner. :) It still seems silly to me, though! I'm really curious what that dealer paid for the GT500 trade-in... Anyone know the true bluebook value on GT500s yet?

I don't have any idea about the bluebook value on the GT 500's but up here in canada 03/04 Cobra's are still selling for 10 to 20000$ over blue book.Supply & demand will always prevail.

CGoeschel

Established Member
MD03SVT said:
I don't have any idea about the bluebook value on the GT 500's but up here in canada 03/04 Cobra's are still selling for 10 to 20000$ over blue book.Supply & demand will always prevail.

Current KBB retail shows 60K for a low mileage coupe

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
eichisama said:

For people who know what they're doing, you can get a brand new GT500 for MSRP if you look hard enough. (For example, if you're savvy go find a dealer who isn't certified, and offer to pay for their certification in return for a *new* GT500 at MSRP.)

Ha Ha, look hard enough. Ha Ha. Sounds like a good idea but it aint that easy as many will vouch to that have been hunting a MSRP deal for months.

Once you drive a car off a lot, it's used and the value immediately depreciates.

If book is 60k on a coupe (or even close) then my car appreciated (sp?) when I drove it off the lot.:-D

all of this will change soon for the better.:beer:

coakeson

Established Member
eichisama said:
I am not the owner, I just thought that I would let people know that there is one for sale here. I didn't know that it was an internet crime to let people know about cars that are for sale.

Daemonj

Established Member
I actually paid MSRP for mine back in early OCT... :pepper: but that was part hard work and a lot of good luck. I was on dozens and dozens of dealers lists from back when the prototype was released in NY. Two years later, almost all the dealers had backed away from MSRP promises and were ADM crazed. I had one dealer who stood by me and sold it at sticker as promised.

My uncle wants a vert for anything close to MSRP and we haven't been able to find a second GT500. Currently, your doing really well to find a GT500 for 10k over sticker. If you can find a used one with a few thousand miles in a color you like, most desprate buyers would be willing to pay over sticker for a slightly used GT500.

Keep in mind, that a used GT500 buyer also had to pay TTL on top of any markup. Even if a person paid sticker like me, most are not going to take a 5-10k loss just a few months down the road to sell their GT500 at or below sticker. Hopefully that will keep the used GT500 market at or above MSRP for next next 6-12 months. Until there has been a build up of MSRP buyers (After the ADM buyers level off) who don't owe more than sticker, I don't think you will see a lot of used GT500 going for low 40's. Could be wrong, but I predict most buyers who have this car sitting in the garage won't easily let go of it. That will also limit the avialibe used GT500 market. Best hope is to wait until the market cools and you can buy new for sticker. We just don't know how long that will be...

Jason

jcthorne

Established Member
Right, If KBB shows a low mile used coupe is 60k on the open market then my GT500 APPRECIATED when I drove it off the lot. Will not stay that high but for now it is. Even my insurance agent was aware of the market condition for this car. Actual Cash Value is in the 60k range for a coupe at this time. (Understand that includes TTL or out the door costs).

Users who are viewing this thread