GT axle-back exhaust on GT500 question

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Well I think I've finally decided on an exhaust for my new car after a few weeks of searching. This question is for those who have put axle-back on that was designed for the GT models. Is there any fitment issues? I'm looking at getting the 5GT's as opposed to the SGT's. I know the 5GT's will stick out a little bit more but do you have to modify the hangers at all? I have noticed that some sites say you need a minor kit to make them fit certain 07 models.

Any input is great.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I'm not sure about the 07s, but I didn't have any fitment issues with mine, they just bolted on. Perhaps those with the 5GTs could chime in. :coolman:
They look and sound awesome, but they do stick out slightly further than the SGTs. Most don't mind because you can actually see the Ford Racing logo. I have mine for sale - $300 + shipping, but shipping to Canada could be expensive. :(

Last edited:

OsirisGT

Established Member
I think it's the same. I got the Bassani race axle backs and the part number on the box was 46xxx. It was supposed to be 54xxx. Fit the same. Cost more.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I'm not sure about the 07s, but I didn't have any fitment issues with mine, they just bolted on. Perhaps those with the 5GTs could chime in. :coolman:
They look and sound awesome, but they do stick out slightly further than the SGTs. Most don't mind because you can actually see the Ford Racing logo. I have mine for sale - $300 + shipping, but shipping to Canada could be expensive. :(

Well let me know what the shipping would be and I would likely take them off of your hands if it's not too expensive. I know USPS tends to be not bad.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I think it's the same. I got the Bassani race axle backs and the part number on the box was 46xxx. It was supposed to be 54xxx. Fit the same. Cost more.

How do the Bassani's sound? I like them on an 03 terminator on a friend's car. Any drone?

jcthorne

Established Member
Fitment is the same. The sound is entirely different between the two cars. Some GT exhausts sound pretty bad or drone on a GT500. The SLP loudmouths which seem pretty over the top loud and obnoxious on a GT sound GREAT, mellow and smooth on a GT500. Just different tuning because of the placement of the cats and x crossover.

FiaCobra

Established Member
......The SLP loudmouths which seem pretty over the top loud and obnoxious on a GT sound GREAT, mellow and smooth on a GT500. Just different tuning because of the placement of the cats and x crossover.

I agree. I love the way the SLP's sound on my car. No drone to speak of.

cobra1718

Established Member
I have 5GT on my gt500. (stingers) and have also had the bassani on the car also. Those that state bassani dont have any drone were not in my car because it was bad. Matter of fact I took the bassani off the car to get something louder thus FR stingers. I now have Kooks LT and forget about it. At 1600 to 1800 it has a tremendous amount of drone. So anybody want to trade me for SGT I am up for it

Users who are viewing this thread