GT Mustang vs. Banshee

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
Buddy of mine has a fairly new yamaha banshee with an aftermarket exhaust on it and a drop in air filter.He wants to race me from a low roll about 5-90mph

My Gt has a P1 procharger at 8psi with full exhaust and 3.73 gears on nitto DRs. makes about 380rwhp

So who do you think will win this?

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Ill tell you exactly what will happen....
Here's how it went down for me.

The Players:

06 Yamaha Banshee-Toomey T-6 Pipes, K&N, Rejetted Carbs, Gears, Ect...

03 Cobra, Ported Eaton, X-pipe, Cat-back, and a Tune

We went from both a stop and from a 5mph roll.

From a stop I pulled about 5 quads (LOL) him, with him slowly creepin back. By the time I ran out of gear (about 75mph) he was blowing past me at a much higher rate of speed.

From a 5mph, it was a little bit closer off the start, (more traction for him), with him only passing me when I ran out of gear.

If your friend can ride at all, he's gonna eat your lunch of the start, with you passing him as he runs out of gear.

BTW, theres no way that Banshee is pulling 90mph with only an exhaust and a filter.

Wish you the best, get it on tape!

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
Yeah this has been a race in the making for a long time and he has a good camera so we will see if we can get some runs on film

Satyr

Established Member
Probably going to be bad for you...friend of mine had a built Banshee and it walked my GTO pretty hard.

Swaie

Established Member
It all depends on what how long you run and what done to the banshee. My banshee would smoke my friends GT. It had v3 reeds dual k&n pods, pj 34 carbs, weisco pro lite pistons, toomey t5 pipes, +2 timing on 18cc domes. Toward the end of the 1/8 he was coming hard. I could hold him off, but another 50 ft he would have me.

Users who are viewing this thread