GT Performance Package

jvme3r4

Established Member
Been considering this lately. There are some good deals on pp cars to be had. I drove a black with the black pp wheels and you can tell a difference in gears. I wasn't a fan of the black rims at first but the black on black grew on me. Any insight on performance package pros and cons?

PIKE5.0

Established Member
For what you get on the brakes alone its worth it to me. If you don't plan on a suspension overhaul, the slightly better PP equipment would be a strong plus. When ordering, and now after owning.. the PP is a no brainer

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
For what you get on the brakes alone its worth it to me. If you don't plan on a suspension overhaul, the slightly better PP equipment would be a strong plus. When ordering, and now after owning.. the PP is a no brainer

This. I wouldn't buy a GT without it.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Same as the Brembo/Track Pack.. worth it for the brakes alone. If you like the wheels and plan to keep them it's a huge bargain.

MattGT06

Established Member
I Love my GT with PP I wouldn't go any other way to me I really wanted the Brembo Brakes and upgraded suspension as I do not plan to upgraded it besides some light mods to help with wheel hop.

Big A

Established Member
For the price of the option, the wheels and tires are worth it alone. When you start adding in the 3.73 gears, brakes, Strut Bar, sway bar, K-brace, and upgraded front springs, it's a no brainer for sure. To do all that aftermarket would cost you thousands and it's a pretty decent suspension set-up over stock.

scottmac2000

Established Member
The six pot, 15" brakes, stiffer springs, (the car doesn't float at 120 like the '13 did) larger radiator etc are worth it. I have it with the automatic and it handles great.

5.0_MD

Established Member
Like everyone else said, the brakes alone are worth it. They are touchy but the visual appeal of those huge Brembos are great

Laztug

Established Member
Pros- Better brakes, looks better than non PP cars, Gauges, better suspension.

Cons- Stuck with an MT-82

That was a deal breaker for me.
Figured I could make piece together a better suspension, and the 4-piston brakes were more than I need.
So I opted out of the PP.

Users who are viewing this thread