GT Prices

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
www.FordGTprices.com has tons of info on current prices

Interesting site, with lots of historical data, eBay successful auction selling prices for Ford GTs, and a listing of over 100 GT VINs that are on autotrader.

It looks like over 1000 Ford GTs have been built, but less than 300 have been sold.

Prices will have to come down!

www.FordGTprices.com

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
...just looked at Ford GT's on ebay. Prices are low! no bids over 220K as of last night on active auctions. Autotrader.com is even funnier...

Vic

Established Member
Thanks, FordGT Fan! :)

Logan, what dealer U talking bout? I'd like to go see it. Is it in OC, or LA?

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
Just like every other cool car the big three put out over the years. The dealers cause the number sold to be less than attractive to the automakers.
MSRP on the GT is in the 170's.
When the automaker doesnt build anymore like this because they can't be sold, it isn't the publics fault. Greedy Bastigis selling em.
But go ahead and try to get a Dealership and "sell" cars.
They are their own worst enemy. Only the public suffers.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
rocknrod said:
Just like every other cool car the big three put out over the years. The dealers cause the number sold to be less than attractive to the automakers.
MSRP on the GT is in the 170's.
When the automaker doesnt build anymore like this because they can't be sold, it isn't the publics fault. Greedy Bastigis selling em.
But go ahead and try to get a Dealership and "sell" cars.
They are their own worst enemy. Only the public suffers.

I'm sorry but ur wrong. Dealers don't set the price. The public does. When we have a car that has an msrp of $156,545 and we get offers of $275,000 is that our fault? we (the dealer) didn't even put a price on the car.
People are well aware of their sticker price and market value. You can't blame the dealer.

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
From www.FordGTprices.com

It is not "Dealer Gouging" that makes Ford GT prices higher than MSRP, it is the willing "gotta-have-it-now" buyers. Some cars sell for more than sticker price, and some sell for less, but in each case, it is the guy with the money that decides what the car is worth. (If dealers could determine selling prices, we'd all be paying $50,000 for Honda Civics). Let's reverse the roles to examine the myth of dealer gouging.

Let's say you have a used Mustang that all the value guides say is worth $20,000, but you believe the car is worth more. Are you gouging when you ask $25,000? Are you gouging when you refuse to sell it for $20,000?
When you buy a new car for under the sticker price, are you gouging the dealer?
When you sell your house, which has been professionally appraised for $200,000, and you receive two offers, one for $200,000 and one for $220,000, are you gouging when you accept the higher offer?
If today a dealer sold a Ford GT at sticker price, the buyer could immediately resell the car for a significant profit, because the current value of the cars, as determined by the buyers in the marketplace, is higher than the sticker price.

Many dealers mistakenly believe their Ford GT is still worth $100,000 over sticker, it is their right to refuse lower offers, and they are not gouging anyone by doing just that. (In fact, the only party being harmed is themselves, since the market value for the cars will continue to drop.)

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
naive.
na·ive
Variant(s): or na·ïve /nä-'Ev/
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): na·iv·er; -est
Etymology: French naïve, feminine of naïf, from Old French, inborn, natural, from Latin nativus native
1 : marked by unaffected simplicity : ARTLESS, INGENUOUS
2 a : deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment; especially : CREDULOUS b : not previously subjected to experimentation or a particular experimental situation <made the test with naive rats>; also : not having previously used a particular drug (as marijuana)
3 : SELF-TAUGHT, PRIMITIVE
synonym see NATURAL
- na·ive·ly or na·ïve·ly adverb
- na·ive·ness noun

Vic

Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
Its in OC. I don't want to say cuz we don't want a bunch of traffic from people just wanting to check it out. But i'm sure u will be able to figure it out.

Ok, thanks! But that seems odd to not want attention, because the GT is partly valuable to a dealer as a draw factor for people, that may buy other cars. Even if I never buy a GT, I've still got a growing fleet of trucks, (I'm partial to Ford trucks), and I've got my eye on a Mustang for a daily driver. Its hard to beleive a dealership wouldn't want people to come in and look, especially if they buy a lot of vehicles.

But maybe you don't want to plaster it all over the internet, and have every punk descend on your establishment just so he can rub his greasy mits all over the paint? :)

Last edited:

Florida Chris

Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
Its in OC. I don't want to say cuz we don't want a bunch of traffic from people just wanting to check it out. But i'm sure u will be able to figure it out.

This site does not generate enough hits to cause a traffic problem for a dealer, particularly one located in OC. I thought the whole purpose of the GT was to generate brand awareness and dealer traffic. Not that I care, I own one already and can look at in in my garage anytime, but I would think any dealership would love the free traffic generated by having one of these cars sitting in the showroom. What do I know though, I am not a dealer...just a lowly buyer.
:shrug:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:

A dealership Mesa, AZ (now the 7th worst city to live at in U.S.) has 3 GT's on their showroom floor. You're gonna be OK over there. The poorest snob/entry level mercedes driving fool in orange county would be a middle to high class tool or trophy wife here in Scottsdale.

logan_yomtov said:
I'm sorry but ur wrong. Dealers don't set the price....
:rolleyes:

Riiight, thats why a local Ford dealership wanted 44,000 for multiple 2004 Cobras in September of last year. Dealers do have the right to ask w/e they want, and lets not forget how dealers f-ed up the T-Bird doing this very thing.

Dealers ARE setting the price. Market adjustments were set before the first one arrived for whomever microsoft exec that got #11. How many GT's were sold @ MSRP to the Joe public people on the original waiting lists for 2 years? None. Only ones sold at MSRP were the allocations owners kept for themselves.

This is not a limited enough production car for dealerships to gauge consumer demand and then adjust price (which would be a true market adjustment, like an Enzo). There are only 2 cars that have recently hit floors that could even qualify to do that, the Carerra GT (lookup "flop" in the dictionary) and the SLR. Hell, a family member of mine was recently buying a MB in overpriced county and the dealership had 2 SLR's on the floor for sale @ MSRP! And I'd wager a guess they could easily get away with asking more than MSRP on a SLR...and every single SL/CL 65 I saw for sale on 2 different MB dealerships in OC were @ MSRP.

Gotta love these Ford dealerships trying to make retirement on their GT allocation.

logan_yomtov said:
When we have a car that has an msrp of $156,545 and we get offers of $275,000 is that our fault?

Yep, rocknrod is right. Naive. A 275K bid is bullshit passed down to sales staff to quote to potential buyers. No one is offering 275,000 for a car when the most active GT market (that being Ebay) rarely sees bids over 200K anymore. And if someone really offered "well over 200K" and got turned down then said dealership is a GIANT fool for doing so.

We can't even get rid of them over here in AZ. Lou Grubb Ford sold theirs to Palm Springs Ford in January for 220,000 after it sat on the floor for over a month with 1 serious piece of action on it besides me from a Cardinals player who later backed out. Dealers with 1/2 a brain would let them go at 185,000 right now if they had a hint of foresight.

Users who are viewing this thread