GT Prices

logan_yomtov

Established Member
i wasn't there for the $275,000 bid. i was there when a gentleman offered $225,000. What would management care what the sales staff thinks the car is worth?
None of the sales consultants are going to have liberty to sell it. Management is going to control all negotiations and dealings. This is whats happening at most dealers. So the sales staff isn't going to have anything to do with the sale of it.

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
None of the sales consultants are going to have liberty to sell it. Management is going to control all negotiations and dealings. This is whats happening at most dealers. So the sales staff isn't going to have anything to do with the sale of it.
No one is bad mouthing sales staff. I was once one myself. So I feel for these guys who are not allowed to sell a car cause the DEALER wont let it go. And as I said before, when they do not sell the PUBLIC suffers, due to the AUTOMAKERS not making nice cars that they PERCEIVE do not sell fast enough.

APRIL 2005 MONTH-END SUMMARY
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In the month of April 2005, 186 Ford GTs were built, and only 70 were sold
(That's 2.6 cars built for every car sold) Priced too high by the dealer maybe?
From October 2004 through April 2005, a total of 983 Ford GTs had been built, and only 269 Ford GTs (or 27%) had been sold, leaving 714 to be sold
(The total production plan is believed to be 3000 to 4500 cars)
In April 2005, Ford GTs sold on eBay for as low as $200,000
(a significant drop from earlier selling prices)
269 Ford GTs sold to date (Oct 2004 through April 2005)
714 Ford GTs built but not sold as of April 30, 2005
2017 Ford GTs still to be built for production run of 3000
1500 additional Ford GTs possible for total run of 4500

How many are currently listed in the Auto Trader at Out of Touch Prices?????
2005-2006 All Price Range All Prices
Ford GT = 138 cars
On E-Bay alone = 39
Some of these cars are being held on to for over $100,000.00 over MSRP.

Last edited:

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
The whole point of that http://www.FordGTprices.com site is to point out that despite all the hype, at the current ridiculous prices, the cars are simply NOT selling. The dealers still think they are all worth $250,000, but the buyers do not.

You can see how confused the dealers are about the current selling prices by looking at eBay, where there are identically-equipped Ford GT's with "Buy it now" prices ranging from $215K to $275K.

70 cars were sold nationwide in April, there are over 700 in dealer inventories and every month, Ford makes more Ford GTs than the dealers sell.

You don't have to be an Econ major to know that only one thing can happen: Ford GT prices will come down.

Vic

Established Member
Florida Chris said:
This site does not generate enough hits to cause a traffic problem for a dealer, particularly one located in OC. I thought the whole purpose of the GT was to generate brand awareness and dealer traffic. Not that I care, I own one already and can look at in in my garage anytime, but I would think any dealership would love the free traffic generated by having one of these cars sitting in the showroom. What do I know though, I am not a dealer...just a lowly buyer.
:shrug:

Chris, when you say there is not enough hits to cause a problem for an OC Ford Dealer, do you mean because they have large dealerships that can handle lots of traffic? Are you talking about OC, Florida, or OC, California?

Must be nice to ogle at the FGT whenever you want to! I still like my GTS, but would really like to add the FGT to the "stable". The FGT seems like the next rung up, and it would definitely be the flagship of the fleet. Does your driver's seat have an adjustment rack? My Viper had 35.2 inches of headroom, same as the FGT, which didn't keave much room for a helmet. I dropped the seat down onto the floor pan with an aftermarket seat lowering kit, and my big head never touches the ceiling now, even with a helmet on. I'd like to know if there is any room under the seat to accomplish this in the FGT.

Florida Chris

Established Member
Vic said:
Chris, when you say there is not enough hits to cause a problem for an OC Ford Dealer, do you mean because they have large dealerships that can handle lots of traffic? Are you talking about OC, Florida, or OC, California?

Must be nice to ogle at the FGT whenever you want to! I still like my GTS, but would really like to add the FGT to the "stable". The FGT seems like the next rung up, and it would definitely be the flagship of the fleet. Does your driver's seat have an adjustment rack? My Viper had 35.2 inches of headroom, same as the FGT, which didn't keave much room for a helmet. I dropped the seat down onto the floor pan with an aftermarket seat lowering kit, and my big head never touches the ceiling now, even with a helmet on. I'd like to know if there is any room under the seat to accomplish this in the FGT.

My reference to dealer traffic was targeted toward Orange County California. Dealerships there are newer and bigger thus my belief in no problem handling lots of visitors.

As for the seat mount, the factory carbon fiber bucket is already mounted with the seat track bolted flat to the floor. It doesn't look to me like the seat could be lowered at all, unless you removed the track and bolted the seat in without the adjustment track which might pick up an inch but no more. There is good fore/aft adjustment though in the seat and the steering wheel. If headroom was a problem you should be able to recline the seatback a bit to sit less upright. I am 6' 0" tall and I have no helmet clearance issues even with the seat positioned in my normal more upright driving position.

Vic

Established Member
Ok, so there is just a very little room under there, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for taking a look for me.

I've never been to Orange County, Florida.

"OC" out here used to have tons of orange trees, but mostly they have all given way to residential and commercial developments.

You been to Sebring yet with your new toy? Don't let me tempt you. I don't wanna have any guilt for encouraging you to go, if you wad it up. But your helmet comment seems to indicate that you might track it? If I was you, I couldn't resist, maybe just once!

Florida Chris

Established Member
Vic said:
Ok, so there is just a very little room under there, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for taking a look for me.

I've never been to Orange County, Florida.

"OC" out here used to have tons of orange trees, but mostly they have all given way to residential and commercial developments.

You been to Sebring yet with your new toy? Don't let me tempt you. I don't wanna have any guilt for encouraging you to go, if you wad it up. But your helmet comment seems to indicate that you might track it? If I was you, I couldn't resist, maybe just once!

My intent is to track it. I'd like to get a bit more broken in first. There are three tracks fairly close to me; Sebring, Moroso and Homestead.
Hopefully this summer sometime.

Diggy Moe

Established Member
Not a regular poster,but I just saw a Ford GT on Ebay for 163,000 and they have two.Even my small town dealership wants more than 225,000.

ericbsvt

Looks like "reserve NOT met" to me, not a real deal. Every GT on there is 190k+ with reserve not met next to it, so that would lead me to believe that 200-225k is probably the going rates this week

satx

Banned
eric br said:
Looks like "reserve NOT met" to me, not a real deal. Every GT on there is 190k+ with reserve not met next to it, so that would lead me to believe that 200-225k is probably the going rates this week

actually that is the "buy it now" price.......car is not in stock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread