gt pumps and boost a pump?

bobster

Established Member
getting close to stepping up to a whipple new gen and I like the idea of upgrading the fuel pumps in the process, but not sure if you still use a boost a pump if you upgrade to the gt pumps?

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
go gt pumps. If you plan on running more then 20lbs you will need a custom hat, lines, rails and make sure you do cooling head MOD.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
i would go with the pumps. they can handle over 600rwhp by themselves.

bobster

Established Member
with the two gt pumps will i need a modified fpdm? can i install the pumps before i do the whipple or will it not run right? is the tune different with the 2 gt pumps or is it all in the fpdm? sorry about all the questions, just trying to get a good game plan.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
i have the gt pumps and modified FPDM...just make sure you do the wiring upgrade because i didnt...and now i am dealing with popped fuses and a car that does not run.

GodStang

Established Member
with the two gt pumps will i need a modified fpdm? can i install the pumps before i do the whipple or will it not run right? is the tune different with the 2 gt pumps or is it all in the fpdm? sorry about all the questions, just trying to get a good game plan.

Yes modify the FPDM, also get lethalperformance wiring upgrade. Run the GT pumps by themselves. The tune may be different.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
hey god stang...is the wiring upgrade for the fpdm and pumps simply the BAP wiring upgrade? can you use wit with no BAP?

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member

I would have it all done at once. You will need to tune it anyway. Put it together at the same time is the best way

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
You can run the GT pumps with a modified FPDM or with dual stock FPDM's.

I am running Ford GT pumps with a BAP and the Lethal wiring upgrade, a few others are as well. I am looking for big numbers with my setup though.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member

I am running Ford GT pumps with a BAP and the Lethal wiring upgrade, a few others are as well. I am looking for big numbers with my setup though.

well i am running the single modified FPDM and pumps....and i keep popping fuses.....has anyone heard of this?

my only thought is that the wiring stuff we used wasnt submersible....but how do you know if it is or isnt?

GodStang

Established Member
well i am running the single modified FPDM and pumps....and i keep popping fuses.....has anyone heard of this?

my only thought is that the wiring stuff we used wasnt submersible....but how do you know if it is or isnt?

Yes you can use the wiring upgrade with no BAP. Also it use to be really common to pop fuses. One of the "pros" came out and said "this is the way to wire the bap" and posted diagrams that were very incorrect and would put way too much amprage to the fuses and kill them. So at one time 2-3 years ago it was a common problem. This COULD be your problem but may not be.

bobster

Established Member
wow, sounds like there's alot of different combos to run. I definately do not want drivability issue's like no start orblown fuse's

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I was running GT pumps, single modified FPDM, PPRV delete and wiring upgrade and I maxed my FPDC @ 20psi on the Whipple. Every car is different, but I just installed a BAP and am in the 80-85% range again. Whatever you do, make sure you log FPDC on the STREET!!! Big difference between an unloaded (Dynojet) dyno and real world driving conditions. Mine was in the high 80's on the Dynojet, mid to high 90's on the street!! :eek: Thank God for the Aeroforce Interceptor..........

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're popping fuses run a wiring upgrade that has a relay (like Lethal's) which will create a new discrete power path and take the load off of the OEM wiring/fuses.

CobraRyan

Banned

Thats my setup as well but i really dont like the idea of the BAP. When i get some cash im investing in the lethal hat, and bigger lines so i can take out the bap.

Users who are viewing this thread