GT pumps and E85

runsonboost

Established Member
so im running 2 gt pumps, single stg2 FPDM and single 40A BAP, my car ran out of fuel at 5300RPM on the dyno making 602RWHP. my question is, how much room with the FPDM wiring upgrade and rewiring the pumps separetly get me? i see alot of cars making 700 on gt pumps, so im assuming they have done the correct wiring. i searched around and found alot of different answers on reguarding power on those pumps. just looking to see if anyone has tested it out. ill probably be doing it in the next couple weeks, just dont want to do the work expecting something to happen and then have it not do shit for me. thanks guys.

runsonboost

Established Member
a local guy here has a gt pump he said he would sell me for 50 bucks, may just go the triple pump fore hat route. my rev limiter is set low (6100) to keep it safe, just looking for room right now so maybe i can get the rev limiter back up.

over winter i plan on having a fuel cell built and going with a big return system. just want a little more room on this setup so im not doing the motor again instead of a fuel system.

04gtstang

Established Member
I just pegged my two GT pups in my turbo GT...it was leaning out to 12.3 by 6K. Thats at only 9PSI...my 80s were @ 98% duty trying to hold A/F with only 22PSI of fuel pressure lol.
On pump 93 I was seeing 95% pump duty on 14.5PSI and making 640...this e85 really taxes the fuel system!

As for wiring, I got about 10% duty cycle gain by running a seperate power wire to the FPDM and I piggy backed another wire down to the pumps...But I do not have a BAP so not sure what difference that will make.

Users who are viewing this thread