GT-R's are growing on me FAST!!

jasil

Established Member
So, I bought a Z06 and love the car!! I still believe it's one of the best bangs for your buck out there. I still love the look, the feel, the power, aftermarket, the community!!

Those GTR's are getting quicker and quicker and now AMS is building a few 750-1000awhp ones that should be done over the next couple of months. Some of you have probably seen this video, but FF to 2:15 and watch how fast this thing accelerates from 0-186mph it's in km 0-300km. This thing would buslength my car supposedly it's done 138-140mph using Racelogic, but never at a real 1/4 track.

A few Vette guys have drifted over and swear they would never go back. A year ago the price difference was just too much, but I am contemplating letting the Z06 go in favor of a used GTR.

I find it's better viewed if opened in a new window instead of the youtube player.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrlM1Abbk5s"]YouTube- (HD) Nissan GTR P800 (0-300 km/h)[/ame]

Last edited:

1.8t

Established Member
I think they are cool cars, but doubt I will ever own one because of the transmission. I don't care how fast it shifts, I enjoy rowing my own. Not to mention the fact that the tranny's have had some failures and to replace them is bigggg money.

SVTP777

Banned
I think they are cool cars, but doubt I will ever own one because of the transmission. I don't care how fast it shifts, I enjoy rowing my own. Not to mention the fact that the tranny's have had some failures and to replace them is bigggg money.

that, and the car is ugly as sin

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Now just imagine if you had 750-1000whp;)

There is a black GT-R that's running around olathe/gardner that I have seen twice in the last 2 weeks. Looks really good!!! I'd own/drive one, but I won't pay for one.

jasil

Established Member
I enjoy rowing my own too and am not sold on this yet. I drove a HKS570 car 130mph trapping (roughly) and it's a whole new ball game. Those paddle shifters are fun when you are accelerating that fast much different than a stocker.

The transmission is the other reason I didn't want to "attempt" to touch one last year combined with cost and the boring factor I felt while driving a stocker. The transmissions are holding many cars pushing 600awhp+ with no issues. It really seems it was the high rpm launch that was the problem once LC2 was done no more problems. The paddle shifters are boring on a stocker add a extra 150whp and they become very cool.

Still torn............these are good decisions though:)

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Awesome car, but +1 on the tranny. I have a hard time accepting that they're reliable with alot of power and no way I'm shelling out 7k for a transmission. I'd never be able to relax while driving it.

silverstang23

Established Member
Now just imagine if you had 750-1000whp;)

There is a black GT-R that's running around olathe/gardner that I have seen twice in the last 2 weeks. Looks really good!!! I'd own/drive one, but I won't pay for one.

For what they are they are very reasonably priced cars. What else will do that for 80k

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
OP: Cost of ownership, this is Nissans Halo car they're going to abuse that in every/any aspect they can. Maintenance, certified mechanics, parts, voiding warranties etc...

If you can TRULY afford it, do it!

Awesome car, but +1 on the tranny. I have a hard time accepting that they're reliable with alot of power and no way I'm shelling out 7k for a transmission. I'd never be able to relax while driving it.

7K? I always heard it was more than that

jasil

Established Member
slap an aps twin turbo on your car and you would love it the same.

You and I both know with that comes a built block, clutch, tires, fuel system, etc? I would rather buy someone else's completed project than go that route.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I think they are very wicked cars. If I had the money – LOL I'd get one. Not that it really matters, but I have had the joy of running 2 (stock) on the street. At freeway speeds, I edged both out (barely) in the 50ish – 120 range. I had a dig run with one and got crushed. While I had minimal tire spin and launched fairly well (IMO), the GTR shot off like a rocket.

Silver95

Established Member
What are those bottom end's good for on those cars? You mentioned that there are build for them with 750-1000rwhp, now is this with completely different internals or bone freakin stock?

Also what the hell do they weight? They dont look light like a Z06.

2003 Silver

Banned
Just bought a Nissan Armada Platinum for the wifey and had a chance to look them over....I love the look and can tell you from past experience that Nissan products are outstanding in quality. The tranny problem was due to turning off TC and doing very high rpm dumps (multiple times over)....and yeah, I think the tranny is more like $15,000-$20,000. They have two used ones that I might have to drive...if I can climb into the one with 15k miles for $50-$55k it might be an option for me.

BTW...my buddy there said the 2010' no longer have TC....not sure about that, anyone confirm this?

Common

Established Member
Just bought a Nissan Armada Platinum for the wifey and had a chance to look them over....I love the look and can tell you from past experience that Nissan products are outstanding in quality. The tranny problem was due to turning off TC and doing very high rpm dumps (multiple times over)....and yeah, I think the tranny is more like $15,000-$20,000. They have two used ones that I might have to drive...if I can climb into the one with 15k miles for $50-$55k it might be an option for me.

BTW...my buddy there said the 2010' no longer have TC....not sure about that, anyone confirm this?

It is true.

Users who are viewing this thread