Gt rwhp

Gstick

Established Member
Would someone please give me a "ballpark" estimate of RWHP for a 2006 GT (4.6, 3V motor, stock 5 sp manual) with the following modifications :

Ford Racing cams
Cold air intake
Flowmaster mufflers
Bama SCT tuner (programed by Bama) for the above bolt ons

I am just curious what it might make at the rear wheels.

Thanks !

Mach828

Established Member
less than 300hp SAE

Those ford cams don't do much. Intake and tune helps a little. Weld in flows are going to barely help.

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
Would someone please give me a "ballpark" estimate of RWHP for a 2006 GT (4.6, 3V motor, stock 5 sp manual) with the following modifications :

Ford Racing cams
Cold air intake
Flowmaster mufflers
Bama SCT tuner (programed by Bama) for the above bolt ons

I am just curious what it might make at the rear wheels.

Thanks !

can you define bolt ons? That will help alot on a pretty decent estimate.
Full exhaust
cams
cai
ford racing intake manifold
maybe 340rwhp

Last edited:

rfreeman37

Established Member
For your current setup FRPP Intake manifold won't add any real hp below 6000 from the dyno test I seen. The ford cams will give you some hp but the Detroit rockers from brenspeed are way better. If I got a CAI, which I do, it would be the JLT series 3 110mm CAI. As far as tune either Jon Lund or brenspeed. Long tube headers do great on the 3v cars. 340rwhp with what you have I honestly don't think will get there, but will put you in a good position to get there

lindermant

Established Member
from another forum (not my car):
08 GT/CS 5spd manual, 335rwhp/323rwtq

Hot rod cams
C&L Racer CAI
Pypes long tubes & O/R-X
Steeda UDP's
CMCV Deletes
4.10's on a trutrac

dyno graph pic

don't know if that helps at all...

Last edited:

rfreeman37

Established Member
Ask around to some of the people who have experience with the cams. I think the other stuff CAI, mufflers, hi-flow cats or O/R pipe with be good. I think the intake and TB will be a waste unless you will force induct it. There is mixed reviews about it and I can't find the website where I read the testing done on it but here is a link to a different site saying what others think and have experienced. The hot rods sound good but there are cams out there that make more power and will still give you the sound. Don't get caught up in the ads and claims about this part makes 500+hp if you just bolt it on cause real world experience will tell you different. The tune will be one of the best things done. Do deletes, LT, pipes, and UDP with CAI and good tune you will be thrilled

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...877-ford-racing-intake-manifold-worth-no.html

Users who are viewing this thread