GT spotted at the Ring!

fordification

Established Member
dated from yesterday.
bt00063_137290.jpg

This is the only photo I managed to take of a couple of Ford GT´s outside a warehouse...there were at least 15 more around the corner but my father drove of at high speed so I couldn´t take any more photos.
http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?p...063_137290.jpg&model=all&make=18&location=all

how long before we see a time from one of these babies?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Why would there be 15 at the 'ring. I suspect that these are old pictures, probably when they were developing the car, because one appears all taped up. We don't even know if that is really from the 'ring.

Cool pic though

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Why would there be 15 at the 'ring. I suspect that these are old pictures, probably when they were developing the car, because one appears all taped up. We don't even know if that is really from the 'ring.

Cool pic though

That is a pic from the facility in Germany where the cars are updated to the European specs before being released to the dealers. There was no development of the GT done at the nurburgring, the tape you see on the cars is how they are shipped over seas from the us.

Formula51

Established Member
At this point I think we are never going to see a "production stock" Ford GT run the Ring. It has been too long and the car is slated to end in 2007? so there really is no point for Ford to do it. I hate to say it, but I think Ford went Ferrari on us with the GT, "you cant loose if you dont run." No one thinks the Enzo or FGT are less than amazing cars, but there is a reason the Enzo was not run at the Ring and its called fear of loosing to the Carrera GT passed off as, "we are Ferrari, we dont need to prove ourselves, (lift nose up high)". Who knows why the GT wasn't....oh well...

fordification

Established Member
Formula51 said:
At this point I think we are never going to see a "production stock" Ford GT run the Ring. It has been too long and the car is slated to end in 2007? so there really is no point for Ford to do it. I hate to say it, but I think Ford went Ferrari on us with the GT, "you cant loose if you dont run." No one thinks the Enzo or FGT are less than amazing cars, but there is a reason the Enzo was not run at the Ring and its called fear of loosing to the Carrera GT passed off as, "we are Ferrari, we dont need to prove ourselves, (lift nose up high)". Who knows why the GT wasn't....oh well...

I think your partially right. Ford never did any testing at the ring. But does every performance car have to be to make it "great"? And very few would ever push the car to it's limits and risk destroying it in a high speed crash. So far it's been established that the GT is limited on short/tight autocross type tracks, and holds it's own on 1.6+ mile tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread