GT350 Dampers

86Fbody

Established Member
Thanks guys for the suggested reading.

It's hard, as was stated, to get the most out of the car and still enjoy driving to work withou stopping at the chiropractor on the way home.

For now I'm hoping to eliminate brake dive and decrease front roll a little. There is a nice freeway entrance ramp on the way home that I can get 0.8 g's on the street tires, but the front rolls like a boat.

I had an issue with the rear raising under hard braking but I think I fixed that by raising the rear LCA point up a hole on the relocation brackets to be more parallel to the ground.

The Koni's I got should be here Monday and on the car Tuesday.

You work fast, let us know how you like them. Still running stock springs I assume?

Jabooh1

Established Member
Yeah. Set on 3 I still have dive. I believe I have one strut that might be bad already. That is the main reason for the switch. If you remember I was chasing a popping noise for a long time. I found that the threads at the bottom on the OEM struts are squished and are providing movement in the cc plates. If I wrapped the bottom of the stud with Teflon tape the noise would go away until the tape disintegrated. That's the other reason for the change.

86Fbody

Established Member
Yeah. Set on 3 I still have dive. I believe I have one strut that might be bad already. That is the main reason for the switch. If you remember I was chasing a popping noise for a long time. I found that the threads at the bottom on the OEM struts are squished and are providing movement in the cc plates. If I wrapped the bottom of the stud with Teflon tape the noise would go away until the tape disintegrated. That's the other reason for the change.

Hopefully the Koni's fix your issues.

Jabooh1

Established Member
The yellows showed up. I know the test isn't consistant between different manufacturers but when I press doesn't the OEM struts they are easy to press and come back up slowly. When I press the yellows they are hard to press and if fully stiff don't come up. I can then turn the knob to soft and they slowly come up.

I don't know what that means. But it seems good.

Grant808

Established Member
In a nutshell, it means it has stiffer compression for better handling/response and more rebound adjustment for comfort and grip control. Also adds the ability to use stiffer springs, if desired.

Users who are viewing this thread