GT350 IM on an auto mustang....

bunk22

Established Member
My car is a 6 speed auto with 3.55 gears, mods are JLT, GT 350 IM, 1 3/4" long-tubes, x-pipe with no cats and the local Rick Fast tune. My goal, requirement if you will, was no large loss of low end torque and no surging. Rick said there is some surging if I get on it hard but it actually barely noticeable. The dyno shows loss of low end torque but again, my butt-dyno didn't notice it. No E85 tune as of yet but that will be next.

It's nice that my tuner's shop is 5 miles from my shop and he will work with the car over time with issues or simply fine tuning the tune. Now as far as the dyno, I think it's a dyno jet. I've had 4 Mustangs now and a C6 and I've never seen this exactly format. Lots of curves in the graph and he doesn't use a fan to help cool the motor or simulate airflow. Regardless, it's for tuning, so I get that. The numbers are SAE corrected. I know he doesn't dyno in 5th gear on the stangs so I don't know what gear he went to on my auto.

2016-11-14%2017.58.40_zpsn8lorjal.jpg

This was a dyno after my long-tubes against the new 350 IM, some loss in low end torque from 4000-4500 rpm...

2016-11-14%2017.57.46_zpschygmxyf.jpg

bunk22

Established Member
Tuner has it right now, I want the surging gone in between 2-3k RPM. It isn't awful but it's there and most time spent cruising is in that rpm range and though it happens only on accelerating in that range, it is still annoying. Hopefully he can get a few more ponies out her. The car will pull right to 8000rpm but for safety, he limited it to 7600 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread