GT350 VIN or Build Dates?

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I do have my order in up in PA. Says he will get my deposit once he gets the word back from Ford but has no idea when that will be. He's the top sales guy in that area and a very good friend of a buddy of mine so I expect this to be a legit lead. Magnesium R with black stripe. No market adder.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I do have my order in up in PA. Says he will get my deposit once he gets the word back from Ford but has no idea when that will be. He's the top sales guy in that area and a very good friend of a buddy of mine so I expect this to be a legit lead. Magnesium R with black stripe. No market adder.

Very cool! Cant wait to see it. Dibs on first ride!

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Nice find, Dale. 911 stays. Frank Smith will be getting his hands on it soon. This winter he'll do a chip + whatevs. Already have a custom exhaust and Stage I race suspension from TPC Racing. Going to VIR in December for a private track rental with TGM Racing Team while they test their cars. A couple of us from the area are heading down.

GT500 will be up for sale after getting Lund on it for a final datalog or Frank Smith if he's more readily available.

Checking with dealer now that I see physical evidence of units coming out. He says he'll call for deposit the minute Ford kicks out a number for us. We shall see.

EDIT: Pa dealer fell through. Called Koons in Silver Spring. Debbie tells me I would be 7th in line at. Wait for it.

$100,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then back-peddled and said they are bidding in the $80k's right now for the one spot. I told her I'll keep my 911 and buy a used GT#-rs and stick with Porsche at that price. Hell, three buddy's have the new Viper T/A and they are fast and sexy and well under $100k.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have a friend who already put a deposit on a GT350R at sticker price. I'll check and see if he has a date yet

Scott, I am friends with a couple of dealer managers that would do the best they could for you at two different dealerships. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch. I would order one but I always said I would never buy a new car, and stuck with it, until the past few years. I have taken possesion of a new car 3 out of the 4 past years. I am done with that. I'll wait a few years and buy a GT350. If they are still crazy priced I'll get a either C6ZO6 or C7with upgrades.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Sure, Doug. Anything is worth a try. My guy was also a good buddy's fleet guy and he couldn't get the second unit. The guy I just bought another F-150 just chimed in he can get me a 350 non R right now at least $10k market rate increase. I asked him to get a firm $ based on my build. The only difference I am seeing is the red outer stripe and red grill emblem with slight variations against the R to the track pack non-R.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Today Apple Ford called after seeing my FB thread. They have a pre-built, pre-ordered one they will let me take over for $87k. Not even close to the build I would do. I guess someone will just settle for whatever is left.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was just at Apple Ford this afternoon picking up a battery and I mentioned a friend was looking for a 350. Guess they were listening! Ha ha.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Found out that my friend, one of my past students, is supposed to take delivery of his 2016 GT350R on November 9th. We are going to be at a track event November 21-22 at VIR together. He is bringing the R and not the Boss. Why don't you guys come on down and check it out.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
College visits have been scheduled. Can't make that one happen. I'll be down there 12-15/16 w/ TGM Racing.

[video]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/svtmaca/media/996%20TT%20Group/IMG_0502_zpscwpqkdac.mp4.html[/video]

Last edited:

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
We got are 16 gt350 in on Monday

77f449dbdf1ace8631fd1424838715f6.jpg

826138f92055b064b783bb85aab6de21.jpg

f3085ae90236ae2813a31f1dfede9547.jpg

091ebb8a89d2d303330e9c202eb611dc.jpg

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Oh that's nice...Napercobra. That's set up how I'd like it...except I'd want the Recaro's which I know you can't get with the tech package. :(

Sorry Scott....that sucks it fell through. I thought for sure I was getting to take a good ride in a GT350R!

I checked with my guy...they have the one they have coming in sold. Guy buying it is selling is Boss Leguna Seca.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Turns out he never had the second unit. He was fishing up and down the coast for one not let out. Total douche move. Especially when he was aware my connection with a mutual buddy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Turns out he never had the second unit. He was fishing up and down the coast for one not let out. Total douche move. Especially when he was aware my connection with a mutual buddy.

That sucks.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience.

Users who are viewing this thread