GT350R splitter hardware

oldbmwfan

Established Member
I removed the splitter from my R this weekend to install a front tow hook solutions (went with the ZL1 Addons to avoid modifying the grille).

I was upset to find that the dealer left off several fasteners when installing the splitter:
- the 4 black screws that go up into the splitter at a 45* angle in front
- all of the white half-moon clips

I've seen the installation videos that @Tob helpfully posted, and I have the hardware part numbers. But I'm pretty sure the stuff that came with the car that wasn't installed was just thrown in the trash, and frankly it pisses me off. Does anyone know if the parts are available individually, and whether I would be likely to get my dealer to give them to me, seeing as their service guys threw mine out?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i'd contact john nichols on facebook...he was very helpful to me when getting part numbers for my splitter ordeal...has a magical box of fasteners

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Thanks. Was hoping to avoid waiting for shipping, but the local dealer (who probably threw away the original hardware) wanted $75 for all of it. Was able to get it online for about half that.

In other news, got the Caliperfexion studs installed today (finally!). And the oil is changed and the tow hook/ license plate mount is on, so as soon as I have the splitter hardware the car will be back on the road for summer, which came in with 100+ degree temps this past weekend.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Thanks Terrance! I think I'm good now but will hit you up if something goes wrong (or if I break mine when they show up!).

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can't believe you didn't make them give the parts to you for free. They didn't install them in the first place.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
I can't believe you didn't make them give the parts to you for free. They didn't install them in the first place.
Time is money. If it were $100, it would be worth the trip to the dealer and the fight. For $35, just not worth the hassle. I hear you on the principle, though. I'm pissed off about it and will be even more reluctant to let the dealer touch the car in the future.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Just to close this out, I ended up going out of pocket but getting the parts online (Tasca). $35 but it saved a trip to the dealer and the headache of explaining what they did wrong, and the splitter is 100% correctly attached now and rock solid.

ANGREY

Established Member
Just to close this out, I ended up going out of pocket but getting the parts online (Tasca). $35 but it saved a trip to the dealer and the headache of explaining what they did wrong, and the splitter is 100% correctly attached now and rock solid.

Can you share the part number or a link to the parts kit you bought? Thanks in advance.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Will do ASAP - have to dig out the receipt. I used the part numbers from the GT350R splitter install PDF that @Tob shared in another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread