GT40 I made in maya

Calebp

Established Member
my first 3d model besides a weapon for a game ever, so be kind.

couple of things:
*I realize i left a couple of details out, like the hood pins, time was a major issue.
*I bump mapped some of the panels with a wavy pattern to look like they were welded/rebuilt or whatever since the 60s... just a shiny new paint job.
*Oh, and the headlights used to be transparent and you could see inside them to the details, but my video card crashed and now they're solid for some stupid reason.

Anyway, what do you think?

lo_res3.jpg

Last edited:

UCNTWIN

Banned
Looks nice man, I have tried my hand at C4D, and can imagine Maya is even harder, so great job, I kno this stuff is really hard to do.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
yeah that takes some talent to get that done, very nice man!

Calebp

Established Member
Thanks guys. Any comments are always appreciated! It's got a really low polygon count, which means that it doesn't take long to render out... maybe I'll get it put into vice city.

simpman

game artist
Established Member
A fellow 3D artist. You need to work on the little details though and don't rely on bump mapping for everything. Also work on your lighting, I'm guessing you put an HDRI image on a sphere. Overall not too bad for a beginer

Calebp

Established Member
yeah, i am planning on doing the car down to the exact details soon. this was just a project that had to meet a deadline.

edit: nah i wanted to put my own hdr map in (i took some shots already for it) but i didn't have enough time for that, it's just a reflection map of an old photo i took of the desert.

Last edited:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
He already said... MAYA 3d. It's not for feint of heart. The lurning curve is pretty steep.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Calebp said:
Maya, it's like photoshop on coke.

actually, they have very little in common. For example. photoshop is 2d, while maya is 3d.

95kobrah

Established Member
Hey guys... fellow MAYA 7.0 user. Ive been working with it for about a year now, really like the poly modeling, n.u.r.b.s. is a little more difficult, and subdivision modeling i havent really tried yet. Im modeling my car right now, as well as a short animation for my final college project. Ill post some screenshots when im all done

Did you use image planes in the orthographic views to help or did you just go freehanding it?

Calebp

Established Member
ilumo said:
actually, they have very little in common. For example. photoshop is 2d, while maya is 3d.

I'm aware.
That's the only difference really, otherwise you can make anything in maya.

Calebp

Established Member
95kobrah said:
Hey guys... fellow MAYA 7.0 user. Ive been working with it for about a year now, really like the poly modeling, n.u.r.b.s. is a little more difficult, and subdivision modeling i havent really tried yet. Im modeling my car right now, as well as a short animation for my final college project. Ill post some screenshots when im all done

Did you use image planes in the orthographic views to help or did you just go freehanding it?

image planes as reference layers.

Users who are viewing this thread