GT40 is on it's way to the line!!!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Ford just announced production of the GT40. It will be the car we have all seen engine and all!!!
0202_gt40_main.jpg

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
328 cu. in. DOHC Supercharged 32 valve V-8 w/aluminum heads and block, Ford EEC-V engine control system, and port fuel injection.
5374cc
500 bhp
500 lb.-ft. tq
6-Speed Manual
106" WB
181" Length
76" Width
43" Height
3000 lb curb weight

0-60......4.0 (est.)
0-100....9.2 (est.)
quarter mile...12.2 sec.@116mph
185 MPH Top Speed
$100,000?????
Latest Article

kevin

i heard two days ago that this will be marketed as a "supercar" which generally means well north of 100k.

tommy, whats the inside scuttlebutt??

BRIMSTONE

Even if it stickers for 100K I know the So.Cal Dealers will do some serious gouging. Tommy is this going to be very limited? You gotta reserve one for each of us R owners here!

Mike

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
Even if it stickers for 100K I know the So.Cal Dealers will do some serious gouging. Tommy is this going to be very limited? You gotta reserve one for each of us R owners here!

Mike

Tommy will be distributing GT40's starting with R owners closest to him, right Tom. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I like everything about the car, except the price, lol....anyone know the production #?

SL 1993 R

Established Member
The new GT 40 was designed by the "Living Legends Studio," according to one of the articles. How does that play with SVT. Will SVT be a part of the cars production, it makes sense for the car to done by SVT. Of course they could do a regular production version and then do a faster SVT version:burnout:

Then they would say we were asking for too much.:coolman:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Tommy will be distributing GT40's starting with R owners closest to him, right Tom. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, the first one thru the doors with money wins. Er, oops I guess you would be 2nd. Someone already did. :)

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I THINK that the GT40 will be built only by ford just like a taurus or a mustang. I believe that an SVT vehicle has to be based on a tamer,already existing automobile. This will of course not be mass produced like other ford cars. It will probably be around 500-1000 in the first year and that may determine if another year will follow. As far as price goes,the cover of Car and Driver said Ferrari killer,so that pretty much says it all. The important thing is that it will be produced and it will an amazing SPORTS car. Not pony car or muscle car,but an actual sports car. It will be awesome and I just hope I get to see one in person. I still haven't seen a 2000 R in person. Ah well whatcha gonna do?

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
328 cu. in. DOHC Supercharged 32 valve V-8 w/aluminum heads and block, Ford EEC-V engine control system, and port fuel injection.
5374cc
500 bhp
500 lb.-ft. tq

It's amazing to me that they can get 500hp out of an blown aluminum block for the GT40 but they can't get 390hp out of an aluminum block for the '03 Cobra. :rollseyes :rollseyes

Durablility my ass. :cuss: :cuss:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

It's amazing to me that they can get 500hp out of an blown aluminum block for the GT40 but they can't get 390hp out of an aluminum block for the '03 Cobra. :rollseyes :rollseyes

Durablility my ass. :cuss: :cuss:
Dean,

The new '03 Cobra still uses a 4.6 liter modular, but the GT-40 will use the 5.4 liter like our R's do, only aluminum block (instead of iron like ours) AND the blower on top of that! That - my friend - is how you get to 500 HP!! :D

TcM-668

How about A-Plan AND my 00 R...

It has only been taken out on nice days, low milage, and never, never, never used to abuse old ladies on Sundays...

Oh, yeah, it has new tires and a radio too...that has got to be worth something...It is one of the Rarer, than the Rare ones, since it has a stereo too...

BTW, Why has there been no discussion about there being wiring for the Mach460 stereo system in the 00 R??????

I spent an a day and a half building a wiring harness for speakers and stereo, and an entire Sunday(That I could have been out abusing Little Old Ladies ) gutting the entire interior ( of course there was not much to gut ) ONLY TO FIND WIRES FOR SPEAKERS AND MACH 460 SOUND SYSTEM !!!!! YES I AM YELLING NOW !!!! This is NOTHING compared to what I said when I saw that...!!!!!

I want to get rid of this now for the GT-40....now we are back on topic...I am soooooo upset....!!! hehehehe

Don...

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by TcM-668

BTW, Why has there been no discussion about there being wiring for the Mach460 stereo system in the 00 R?????? I spent an a day and a half building a wiring harness for speakers and stereo, and an entire Sunday(That I could have been out abusing Little Old Ladies ) gutting the entire interior ( of course there was not much to gut ) ONLY TO FIND WIRES FOR SPEAKERS AND MACH 460 SOUND SYSTEM !!!!! YES I AM YELLING NOW !!!! This is NOTHING compared to what I said when I saw that...!!!!!
I want to get rid of this now for the GT-40....now we are back on topic...I am soooooo upset....!!! hehehehe Don...

Hmmmm, so basically, if we want tunes while tearing up the track, all we need to do is find a mach 460 system that someone didnt think was good enough or loud enough, and it plugs right in??? speakers and all??? or, go with adapter harnesses, and put in any stereo and speakers, without having to make up or run wiring???? cool!!!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R

Hmmmm, so basically, if we want tunes while tearing up the track, all we need to do is find a mach 460 system that someone didnt think was good enough or loud enough, and it plugs right in??? speakers and all??? or, go with adapter harnesses, and put in any stereo and speakers, without having to make up or run wiring???? cool!!!

If I was the joking type of person, I would have something to add here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

If I was the joking type of person, I would have something to add here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IF???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread