GT500 ARH header install.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I finished it up. My brother has a shop with a lift, thank God! I bow down to all who have done this on your back. It is not for the faint of heart at all. Pulled the K member, motor mounts, starter, etc...jacked the motor a bit with a tranny jack. Honestly after listening to all the forum header fights and following all the directions everyone gave I ended up reusing the factory studs and sending the Stage 8 bolts back. I think the hardest part was getting the dipstick tube back in from below (didn't happen). Ended up getting on a ladder from up top to maneuver it around better. It is tight. Also the EGR tube was a PITA to get the threading going on the header. Took a full 7-8 hours. I think after doing it once we could do it again in 5-6. Most of it is wondering what we "should" do.
Having a lift helps a lot, I wish I would have added more pictures to this thread. But I'm glade it helped you out a little.
Wish I would've had this write up when I was doing my headers. I gave up. Either way it sounds damn good. Great write up too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah I wouldn't recommend doing headers on these cars unless you have a lift, yes you can do them in your garage, but it's a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread