Gt500 Automobile article - 13.1@115

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
0607_z+2007_ford_shelby_mustang_gt500+01.jpg

Just another new article to throw in the mix..
Its an awesome article with gorgeous pics of the Gt500.
I could almost buy this thing on looks alone. :)

The performance wasnt that great though..
Automobile's test results:
0-60 - 4.9
0-100 - 10.4
1/4 13.1@115
cornering .95 g
3893 pounds.

So so far, we have these results:

Road and Track's results
13.1@112
Car and Driver (Stated as a "Production car")
12.9@113
Motortrend
[email protected] mph
Automobile
13.1@115
Muscle Mustang's - Ford tested this Mustang at their own press event with legendary Evan Smith driving..
12.25@117

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Does automobile actually test cars these days? Last time I bothered to glance at one, they still quoted MFRs claims instead of actually doing it themselves.
Regardless, thanks for posting another pointless rag test thread.
LMAO@ your MM&FF claim, pathetic. :rolleyes: MT traps 1 ****ing MPH slower with a production car, yet the MM&FF test must've utilized a ringer. Come to think of it, they probably raised the starting line (hydraulically of course) to insure the car would run downhill. :loser:

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
You guys are great. All Im doing is reporting what the mags are getting, and its as if Im publishing the figures. :shrug:

Yes Automobile actually tests their own vehicles.
They've tested alot more vehicles than MMFF. How many "road tests" have they done over the last 5 years? 5?? Maybe 10??

All you guys want to go off is the Muscle mustangs article??. You serious?. :dw:

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
In the same Automobile issue:

500 hp BMW M5
0-60 4.7

Fourcam330

Established Member
In all seriousness. No one gives a shit that you don't like the car. You don't even own a Mustang at this point, though you do have a 2002 Z06, so post somewhere else please.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
BetterthanU said:
:sleeping:

that is a gorgeous pic, tho....hope they look like that in person.

BetterthanU
Some of the best pics I have seen of the car thus far, are in this mag..
Infact, there are close ups of the blue stripes, and you can telll they have a metallic hue to them.

Defiantely cool.. DEfaintely time for some goosebumbs :-D

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
In all seriousness. No one gives a shit that you don't like the car. You don't even own a Mustang at this point, though you do have a 2002 Z06, so post somewhere else please.

In all seriousness, it has nothing to do with me likeing the car or not.. I am simply relaying Facts and figures from the damn magazines.. If you cant deal with the facts, then thats your problem.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Three of the five articles you quoted are at or within 1mph trap speed of 116mph. All of the sudden 117mph is a "ringer" and it takes "legendary" evan smith to do it. Right.

Getting 4.5 to 60 out of the M5 simply proves electronic launch aids are the cure for people who can't drive. What do you think the 0-60 is on a 12.25 run?

Again
www.z06vette.com
www.corvetteforum.com

Nobody wants you here. We know you think the car sucks, is slow, heavy, an 02 Z06 is way better, and the circle jerks over the times Ranger can put down are way more fun.

carstocks

Established Member
Well Purvis, I appreciated the info.

Good Lord, when did the majority of members on here become so nasty???

The guy reports what he read in a magazine, and is told to post somewhere else?? And since he "doesn't own a mustang" and shares his thoughts on this one, it must be some conspiracy against all Mustangs and their owners????????

Get a grip people!!!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
carstocks said:
Get a grip people!!!

You just haven't been here long enough. This is all part of a long, drawn out progressively more whiny bitching session. The only reason he posts in here is to temper posts with little digs at a car he will clearly not own, or have an interest in owning. Coincidently, this really began to take off when he scratched together a Z06.

It's really, really played out.

(p.s I say this owning an 02 Z06 also)

Fourcam330

Established Member
Purvis said:
In all seriousness, it has nothing to do with me likeing the car or not.. I am simply relaying Facts and figures from the damn magazines.. If you cant deal with the facts, then thats your problem.

You're quoting magazines, shitty ones at that (for reasons I've posted umpteen times over the past few weeks due to PITAs like you) as if they're gospel while simultaneously ignoring everything factual that contradicts what your ignorant ass is saying, which makes me ****ing sick.
Your 2002 Z06 owns all :loser: GTFO. Better yet bring that stock longblock slug to NRP this September for the 5.0&SFs Modular shootout. With me towing your plastic fantastic down the 1320 with a N/A 5.4 (that's right, a GT500 motor less blower, how strong can it be?) it might crack 10s :burn: I'm sure we can also find a tuned GT500 to eat your lunch as well. What do you say? :whine:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
carstocks said:

The guy reports what he read in a magazine, and is told to post somewhere else?? And since he "doesn't own a mustang" and shares his thoughts on this one, it must be some conspiracy against all Mustangs and their owners????????

Get a grip people!!!

Use the search function, and catch up on the BS. Then talk to me about getting a grip. :poke:

GTWill

Established Member
carstocks said:

Get a grip people!!!
You must have missed the"Muscle Magazine's ringer prototype car that Ford tested at their own press event with no less than the legendary Evan Smith" comment. Or you have the same mindset he has.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Fixed this for you :bash: :p :
Purvis said:
So so far, we have these results:

Road and Track's (This is probably what most cars will run in the real world)
13.1@112
Car and Driver (Stated as a "Production car', but since it went 12's, it's probably not)
12.9@113
Motortrend (MT obviously used a correction factor, because they can't possibly run 116mph)
[email protected] mph
Automobile (Another "real world" ET, but that trap speed is close to what the MM&FF "ringer" ran, I smell a conspiracy)
13.1@115
Muscle Mustang's ringer protoype car that Ford tested at their own press event with no less than the legendary Evan Smith driving...rumor is they also took the seats out of the car
12.25@117
S.

stang22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
You're quoting magazines, shitty ones at that (for reasons I've posted umpteen times over the past few weeks due to PITAs like you) as if they're gospel while simultaneously ignoring everything factual that contradicts what your ignorant ass is saying, which makes me ****ing sick.
Your 2002 Z06 owns all :loser: GTFO. Better yet bring that stock longblock slug to NRP this September for the 5.0&SFs Modular shootout. With me towing your plastic fantastic down the 1320 with a N/A 5.4 (that's right, a GT500 motor less blower, how strong can it be?) it might crack 10s :burn: I'm sure we can also find a tuned GT500 to eat your lunch as well. What do you say? :whine:
Amen Brother!!! Just more negative loser reports by "certain children"! But I sure would like too see that race! He won't be around for long! :kaboom: Can't wait until I can start modding,...soon I hope! :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Purvis said:
Muscle Mustang's ringer protoype car that Ford tested at their own press event with no less than the legendary Evan Smith driving..
12.25@117

:lol:

Ah, the ringer card again. :rolleyes: Do you have proof of that? :cryying: Didn't think so. :rollseyes

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
:lol:

Ah, the ringer card again. :rolleyes: Do you have proof of that? :cryying: Didn't think so. :rollseyes

I read what you said in the previous post, and I changed it to be fair..
until I read otherwise, I will assume it was a production car.

Im not sure where I saw it was a prototype... :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread