Gt500 brembo upgrade on 14 gt 5.0

tx5.slow

Established Member
Hey guys I recently bought a complete used brembo brake kit out of a wrecked 07 gt500 came with pads 14 in rotors, 4 piston calipers and shields, now my question is what type of brake fluid should I use dot 3 or dot 4? What are some good fluid brands?

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I would get the DOT 4 fluid. ATE TYP 200 (formerly ATE super blue) is a good fluid for street and strip use. If you plan on tracking the car(road course) then something like motul or equivalent with a higher boiling point would be recommended. Also make sure to get some stainless steel brake lines if the kit you bought didn't come with them.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Also the stock ford fluid is pretty good as well. I checked in the owners manual and they specify to use a DOT 4 LV fluid, which I'm guessing is for cars that are driven year round and in cold weather. If you are just driving it in the summer or live where it doesn't snow then any DOT 4 fluid should be fine.

tx5.slow

Established Member
Also the stock ford fluid is pretty good as well. I checked in the owners manual and they specify to use a DOT 4 LV fluid, which I'm guessing is for cars that are driven year round and in cold weather. If you are just driving it in the summer or live where it doesn't snow then any DOT 4 fluid should be fine.
I will only be using it for the street and drag strip once in a while, I just wanted better braking power than stock

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock with SS lines. The lines feel great, it's a perfect time during swap contact Revan Racing, owner Van is a site sponsor.
-J

chris_302

Established Member
Dot 3 fluid is fine for what you're planning on doing. If you ever decide to switch to DOT 4, Castro, Motul are all good brands. I personally run Motul 600.

Users who are viewing this thread