GT500 Clutch Recommendation

GarageLogic

Established Member
Well, after surviving 20K plus miles at 650+ rwhp, the stock clutch in my GT500 had decided to give up the ghost. I am looking at an aftermarket replacement and was wonder what some of you higher horsepower guys would recommend. The car does see the 1/4 mile tracks 10-12 times a year, so it needs to be able to handle 700+rwhp on a consistent and reliable basis.

Thanks in advance.

GarageLogic

Established Member
Anybody have an opinion regarding the McLeod RST/RXT Street Twin setup for the GT500. I have run McLeod units in other applications with great success before but not with the kind of power my KB GT500 is making.

Last edited:

lightningmanny

Established Member
hey they say that ram feel real nice better then stock????.......spec is a good name brand parts just dont know whos running one if i would go with spec it would be a spec3+ hold up to 850 TQ.....or a ram with no upgrade

GarageLogic

Established Member
I elected to go with the McLeod RXT twin-disc setup w/new flywheel. I ordered from Lethal this morning.

Last edited:

GarageLogic

Established Member
Finally installed the RXT this weekend and all I can say is wow, what an improvement. Clutch pedal effort is much, much lighter and the engagement is smooth as silk. I've not had a chance to get it to the track yet and probably won't until after the 45th in Birmingham next weekend.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Um... Yeah, about that Jared.... All my wheel studs are bent!! I need new ones!!! :burnout:

mine bent also went to ARPs bent those , have 5/8 now and it the axles
that are twisting . 800 rwhp and 4000# dont mix very well !!!!!

JEFF

Users who are viewing this thread