Gt500 exhaust

whitesnake86

Established Member
Looking to get new headers and exhaust on my gt500, right now I'm running a ported blower pushing 17 or so psi with stock headers and off road x-pipe, I wanna get longtubes and full exhaust, any recommendations on what to get and what size headers?

jenkins_1120

Established Member
i would run 1 7/8th into a 3in collector. i have dyna tech on my truck with thier high flow cats great quality. fit and finish was execlent with all new hardway. im going to run the whole mbrp set up on the shelby since i already have thier cat back and H pipe going to order the long tubes sometime soon. im impressed by mbrps quality so far so just decided to run thier whole exhaust.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Their cats suck with any significant hp additions. They will clog and that is a very bad thing for your motor. Search here and you will see they are not made to handle modified GT500 power.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Last edited:

Ackman70

Established Member
I'm running a 1 7/8" American Racing Header with their catted H pipe. I decided to go with the Ford Racing SVT1 mufflers. Very nice sounding setup with no drone and you can carry on a conversation on the highway!

Users who are viewing this thread