GT500 lower intake on GT Supercar heads?

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
I agree with that, but since the screws really have such a low torque value, and there's so many of them, and they're only providing clamping force in that 1 direction, it's really not enough forces to distort or flex that wall on the 1 side. I did however intend to do that very thing with the bolt threaded from the bottom just to appease my OCD,....BUT....I ordered bolts from Summit that would have done exactly the trick and they've been back ordered for over 2 months now. I know I can get other ones locally or plenty of other places, it's just an M6x1.0 in the right length, but I was surprised Summit actually dropped the ball pretty good on lead time on these. I just got them from there being lazy while I ordered other ARP hardware lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This will be a bad@ss truck!
Great post.
Nice lower intake flow mods with Bigun cooler.
-J

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
This will be a bad@ss truck!
Great post.
Nice lower intake flow mods with Bigun cooler.
-J

Thanks! It should run quite cool...I'm all about spending the time, money, & attention into the details that make things run more efficient & cooler, than just what can turn the wick up and force big power. I'd rather make things as efficient as possible and let the power fall out on it's own lol because those things often go hand in hand. Anyone can turn the wick up and force big power. Trying to mod smarter, rather than harder.

1320Junkie port work on the lower intake
J2Fab intercooler flow mod
KB Biggun Intercooler
Meziere IC pump w/ insulated lines & insulated tank
And as a minor detail, that probably doesn't make much of a diff, but it can never hurt, did white PC on the bottom lid to help reflect heat. Old trick, and probably doesn't do much, but never hurts and you can't see it anyway once installed lol.

GT27.jpg

GT109.jpg
GT111.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread