GT500 Mufflers on 2015+ Mustang

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
had GT500s on my '14 for quite some time and loved them. Best sounding muffler on the coyote by far IMO.

Too bad no one makes a bolt on gt500 muff for the s550.... yet.

Last edited:

calebdnehus

Established Member
Would the 13-14 GT500 mufflers fit on the S550s? I have a set and a buddy of mine has a '16 and if they fit he may purchase them from me.

An exhaust shop can weld them in just the same as the 11-12 mufflers. The problem you run into with the 13-14 is the quad tips. I have seen somewhere(I think Mustang6G) where a guy did some cutting on his stock NON-PREMIUM bumper to accommodate. However, if your buddy has a premium car with the black piece in his bumper, he may be able to run the roush valance and fit the quad tips. Only thing with that is they may not look as good as they did on the S197 coyotes as the S550 coyotes have different body lines in the rear. But I have seen it done, I'll try to find the link. My single tips will be here tomorrow and hopefully will go on the same day as well. I will post when it gets done

had GT500s on my '14 for quite some time and loved them. Best sounding muffler on the coyote by far IMO.

Too bad no one makes a bolt on gt500 muff for the s550.... yet.

Any good shop can weld them in for you and shouldnt cost much. Just cut some pipe off, do a little bending, and weld in. Shouldnt be but 100-150 at most. But if you want "bolt on" (any muffler for 15-17 are all cut and clamp) the closest you'll get to the GT500 sound will be on of these two: http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-touring-axleback-chrome-2015gt.html
or
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-sport-axleback-chrome-2015gt.html

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Whats the measurement from the back of the muffler to the very tip of the tailpipe? I just tried the Ford Racing GT500 style mufflers, P/N M-5230-MGTCA1 and those don't work; tailpipe stick out way too far.

DarkMach1

Established Member
They are the same. You must move the muffler forward as far as it can go without hitting something else otherwise yes it sticks out. Mine sticks out a little bit nothing awful. You can kinda see it here...

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Ah the old familar sound. I have these on my 2012 with resonator deletes and OR X and yes, they sound dang good! No drone either. When I upgrade to a s550 I think I want something different though but for those looking, check into the FRPP by Borla set up. Sounds really good to me in videos anyways

Users who are viewing this thread