Gt500 or c7

ticopowell

Newish to SVT
Established Member
Various places... CA, UT, OK, been in TX and CO a
Neither one of these cars will allow for test drives so it's a little difficult to make my mind up on which one to get.

I have never actually been in the market for either one of these cars, but if you are buying from a dealer I don't see how they won't let you test drive one... that is what dealerships are for IMHO. I can understand if you are getting used, but even then I wouldn't buy a car I hadn't actually driven no matter how nice. I guess the only exception would be if I was ordering a car, but I would drive the same car at a dealership to see if I liked it before ordering one. If the person you are buying from doesn't let you drive it then I would suspect that something is wrong with it and unless it was an extremely nice deal I would stay away. Just my thoughts on that comment.

I would go for the GT500 if it were me, bigger and heavier, but I think for the 200mph goal it will be more likely to do both the 200mph and the daily driving stuff.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I went and looked today at some cars. Really didn't get to see anything I would buy just yet. Although while I was at the ford dealer I did drive a 15 mustang gt. I was surprised on how much they changed from my 13 gt. I only found one gt500 that I like and its about 2.5 hours away. I have noticed that they hold their value really well. I am considering buying a modded gt500 right now. I am a little concerned buying a used gt500. 1lt vettes are a little hard to find as well. Most come with every option available.

You lose a lot of the creature comforts with the 1LT vs 2LT. You should compare the two pkg's on the chev web site and see. The 2LT is worth the extra.

I actually paid less for the Z51 than the GT500. I got a suppliers discount on the vette. Saved ~ $9k.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have never actually been in the market for either one of these cars, but if you are buying from a dealer I don't see how they won't let you test drive one... that is what dealerships are for IMHO. I can understand if you are getting used, but even then I wouldn't buy a car I hadn't actually driven no matter how nice. I guess the only exception would be if I was ordering a car, but I would drive the same car at a dealership to see if I liked it before ordering one. If the person you are buying from doesn't let you drive it then I would suspect that something is wrong with it and unless it was an extremely nice deal I would stay away. Just my thoughts on that comment.

I would go for the GT500 if it were me, bigger and heavier, but I think for the 200mph goal it will be more likely to do both the 200mph and the daily driving stuff.

When I ordered mine, the dealerships were not allowing test drives.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi think 1FASFCR said it best--the GT500 is his and the Vette is his wife's.
I'd rather mod a factory blown car than add a supercharger to one--the GT500 would be my choice for 200mph in the mile.
Yes I'm biased but appreciate all the fast cars, the C7 is a great ride for sure.
-J

whiteGT

Established Member
I enjoyed my gt500 once it was 80F or warmer and sunny as thats when the Goodyears really grip and the car is fun, safe and thrilling to drive. The standard C7 shifts much better than the gt500, once its at least 65 outside the tires really grip allowing full performance, it handles and brakes slightly better and being closer to the ground you get a different sensation of speed. You can rent them and would suggest doing so for a day before making up your mind. The 2015 Z06 corvette is like the base c7 on steroids, a supercar and the reason i traded in my 2014 GT500. I loved the shelby and miss it at times, but the Z06 just takes performance cars to the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread