GT500 Performance Test New C&D

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluoval96 said:
I read your responses and went back to talk to my friend at the Dealership, to see if the numbers I posted were accurate. He said that the 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, top speed and price were given to all Dealer staff by SVT/Ford, but the trap speeds were his guess. All information the sales people were given is preliminary, and is true right now. He said that final production specs won't be available until next spring, when production models will be tested hooked up to instruments. Still, the GT500's price and performance should be in the ranges quoted above. Sorry for the confusion.

Not trying to be an ass, but those who work at dealerships are usually last to know everything about the cars they sell. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense as they're the last step between Ford and the buyer.

FroDaddy

Established Member
OCCOBRA said:
These are the new muscle cars years that are blowing away the last muscle car era.. :beer: :beer: :beer:

I agree 100%! This is a great time to be hot-rodding :rockon: But it's too expensive! I'll JUST have my car paid off and have to drop a 400ci+ engine in there to fend off the Fords :bash:

Maybe I'll just spray my motor until it blows up and THEN do the big cubes :thumbsup:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
crispy23c said:
I'm still disappointed (if it's absolutely true) that this thing doesn't have a twin-screw.
First, it was no IRS ("would add $5,000 to the price" HTT),
now, no twin screw due to "availability issues"... :dw:
I don't want to sound like a cynic, but I'm beginning to wonder what's not going on the car next.. :shrug:

:
Those are pretty much my thoughts too. We will just have to wait and see. Only time will tell.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Christ everyone knows C&D can't drive the 1320 worth a shit. Motor Trend will get it to run 2 tenths and 2mph faster, and in the hands of a good (not excellent) driver they will run 11s.

Actually C&D is the best of all the trio...R&T, MT, and C&D. R&T and MT ran low 13's with the 03 cobra while C&D was the only one to get into 12's with a 12.9 @111mph. Also C&D ran a 13.0 in a E46 M3 while the rest of them were running 13.3's to 13.5. That being said if they ran a 12.5, MM&FF with Evan Smith will run 11's bone stock. He ran 12.3's in a bone stock 03 Cobra when all the rest were in the 13's or very high 12's. Dave

Fourcam330

Established Member
Dave01M3 said:
Actually C&D is the best of all the trio...R&T, MT, and C&D. R&T and MT ran low 13's with the 03 cobra while C&D was the only one to get into 12's with a 12.9 @111mph. Also C&D ran a 13.0 in a E46 M3 while the rest of them were running 13.3's to 13.5. That being said if they ran a 12.5, MM&FF with Evan Smith will run 11's bone stock. He ran 12.3's in a bone stock 03 Cobra when all the rest were in the 13's or very high 12's. Dave

Hey Dave. Sometimes the rags get different press vehicles that perform differently. I've always noted MT to have the best times/traps.

Jpjr

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Hey Dave. Sometimes the rags get different press vehicles that perform differently. I've always noted MT to have the best times/traps.

It's all a question of what you consider stock? I've ready countless times on these boards people saying if C&D had just thrown some drag radials on there ET's would come down .5, etc. I think its just the nature of the beast. These cars can be incredibly fast, but were at a disadvantage because they are muscle cars (i.e. straight line torque monsters), and not finesse cars like Porsches or Ferraris.

R1Lello

Established Member
:idea:

Has anyone here even been down the 1/4?? I do and can tell you that if any of this is accurate with the exception of the trap speeds.........it's bs.

If the slowest et is 12.25, it will be way faster than the slowest mph of 105. 12.25 @ 116-118 more like it.

If, and big if, we take the slowest et of 12.25 at only 105, then this thing is has traction galore..........and we know it's not coming with slicks on from the factory.

Sorry, math doesn't add up here.

Some real street tire numbers are:
13.0 @ 108-111
12.5 @ 114-117
12.0 @ 118-121

Again, all it too early so I'm not believeing this one. What a dumb range to give out........105-125 ???? Geez..........20 mph spread !!!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
R1Lello said:
:idea:

Has anyone here even been down the 1/4?? I do and can tell you that if any of this is accurate with the exception of the trap speeds.........it's bs.

If the slowest et is 12.25, it will be way faster than the slowest mph of 105. 12.25 @ 116-118 more like it.

If, and big if, we take the slowest et of 12.25 at only 105, then this thing is has traction galore..........and we know it's not coming with slicks on from the factory.

Sorry, math doesn't add up here.

Some real street tire numbers are:
13.0 @ 108-111
12.5 @ 114-117
12.0 @ 118-121

Again, all it too early so I'm not believeing this one. What a dumb range to give out........105-125 ???? Geez..........20 mph spread !!!
There are just too many factors to consider trap speeds vs ET's. Things like engine torque curve & powerband, as well as vehicle weight, and rear end gears all factor in. For instance, my big boat of a Marauder traps at 114 MPH with an ET of 12.0 and BTW, I've also run a 12.0 w/only a 109 MPH trap speed with this same car (which was only due to leaving the O/D in the "ON" position). yes, that's from a Marauder, but you cannot compare trap- speeds and ET's from past Mustangs to the GT500 since it has a different engine with a different torque curve, and it's also heavier. That's just for starters.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Holy Crap. There is so much Dis-information in this thread, I can hardly read through it with a straight face.

:dw:

Who came up with the 3850 curb weight?? :shrug: Ford has said 3600 pounds.
105 mph trap speeds? BWHAH HAH HAH :whine:
WE still have no definate word what type of blower is on the car, and everyone is complaining about the blower??? Are you guys insane? :bash:

Either scan the entire C&D article in, or this thread deserves the big :loser:
ITs bad enough going off magazine stats to begin with. But to go off Magazine stats, SECOND HAND, and to listen to dealers guesses about performance and actually post about said info, is a new low! :D

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and lay off the cafeine!

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Purvis said:
ITs bad enough going off magazine stats to begin with. But to go off Magazine stats, SECOND HAND, and to listen to dealers guesses about performance and actually post about said info, is a new low! :D

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and lay off the cafeine!
LOL...I hear what you're saying. After all, the car isn't even close to being out yet, but I guess all the debate is simply an indication of how much interest there is in the GT500. I mean, who thought there would be so much interest in a car that's technically still a concept car, that an entire forum had to be devoted to it? But I for one think that it's interesting that we do have a forum for it.

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Well intelligent debate is good, and Im all for that..
But when people start stating questionable information as FACT, and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon, next thing you know you have incorrect "Facts" becoming Gospel..

Its know as Dis-information.. :nonono:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Purvis said:
Well intelligent debate is good, and Im all for that..
But when people start stating questionable information as FACT, and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon, next thing you know you have incorrect "Facts" becoming Gospel..

Its know as Dis-information.. :nonono:
I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think that unfortunately, as long as people don't have many FACTS to go by for this car, all as they can do is speculate. That's just human nature.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Speculation is OK by me.. :beer:
Just state it as such...

And I know we are all very excited for this car.. Believe me, I know.. This is the car I have waited for the last 20 years of my life, for Ford to build. :rockon:

Im still curious where this 3850-3900 pound weight "Fact" has come from that everyone is using.. :bored: Anyone?

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Purvis said:
Just state it as such...

And I know we are all very excited for this car.. Believe me, I know.. This is the car I have waited for the last 20 years of my life, for Ford to build. :rockon:

Im still curious where this 3850-3900 pound weight "Fact" has come from that everyone is using.. :bored: Anyone?
Hmmmm, that sounds like a good question to me.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Purvis said:
Just state it as such...

Take the base weight of the GT and add I think they said 175lbs for the engine, then add for the added extras like bigger front brakes and larger wheels and other SVT exclusive bits and thats where they get the 3850 estimated lbs.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Take the base weight of the GT and add I think they said 175lbs for the engine, then add for the added extras like bigger front brakes and larger wheels and other SVT exclusive bits and thats where they get the 3850 estimated lbs.

Who is "they"????? Where is your source?
Please link it for everyone.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Purvis said:
Who is "they"????? Where is your source?
Please link it for everyone.

Go to a store and buy it. Its called Car and Driver.

And as far as the 3825lbs let me go check now that I am at home and can go look. Nope they have it at 3850.

Edit : Smart ass remark made due to the fact if someone had read the whole thread it would be obvious to the source of our estimates.

:lol1:

Last edited:

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Didn't the story say 3825lbs

Quoted from the mystery source.

"The supercharged iron block 5.4 weighs 175 lbs more than the naturally aspirated 4.6 SOHC 24-valve aluminum V-8 in the Mustang GT. That factor, plus a bigger front-brake package, bigger wheels and tires, and other GT500 package elements, add up to a curb weight projected in the 3850- pound range versus 3575 pounds for the last Mustang GT we tested."

:beer:

chrisle7220

Established Member
someone needs to get to the bottom of this and find out how much this thing will weigh. 3850 is way to much in my book. If its gonna weigh that much, have 450 without a twin screw, then i might just skip out on the gt500 and end up getting another 03/04, drop and KB in it and call it a day. But im sure svt will come out with something that will topple the 03/04's. I believe SVT is headed by a chinese man, and to my knowledge asians arent stoopid. So im sure him and his team will build the next cobra to be the next leader of the domestic market.

Users who are viewing this thread