GT500 project

RUSTYNAIL

Established Member
I just picked up my 08 GT500 Convertible a few weeks ago and immediately started collecting parts. I plan to start my install Monday and will post pics if anyone wants to watch along. I have a bunch of mods here with more on the way. Here is what we are doing.

Kenny Bell Mammoth kit with two pulleys and seperate tunes
Upgraded heat exchanger
Moroso fluid tanks
FMS 3.73's
FMS rear axle cover
Steeda springs
BMR lowers
BMR adjustable panhard
BMR adjustable upper
1-piece aluminum driveshaft
FMS shifter assembly
FMS shifter handle/knob
magnaflow cat-back exhaust
Baer 6 piston front set-up
Baer +2 rear set-up
Alcoa 20" wheels
Nitto drag radials
tinted windows

I have everything except the brakes and wheels which are on the way. The car is a white red stripe convertible with 2500 miles. This will just be a weekend cruiser for the family. I can't wait to see/drive the results.:coolman:
I'm open for suggestions if you guys think I need anything else.:idea:

6-Speed

Established Member
Hood struts and a shorty antenna - cheap mods by your standards. Congratulations on the new Shelby and welcome!

skyhighsd

Established Member
LMAO, you sound like me. Bought my car last Oct. drove it two times parked for the winter had all of the parts by spring. Knee injury delayed me for most of the year. Finally able to work on my car again a few months back installed all of my parts more or less at once. With a hole 240 miles on my car and now enjoying it but not looking forward parking it again for the year. Also for parts you are going to want to get, drive shaft saftey loop BMR makes a nice one and get rid of that ugly factory antenna:lol1: You my want to wait on changing you gear set with the KB you really dont need it, if I had to do it over I dont think I would have changed it.

You will love the change you will see in your car :beer:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Why change the brakes on a street/drag car? Change the rotors to the Stillen ones, install the Goodridge stainless brake lines and change the fluid to Castrol SRF and your done at 1/4th the price of the Baer set-up you're considering.

big1inch

Established Member
Where in Indiana are you located. Would like to see a KB car in action I'm located in NW Indiana and could lend a hand if needed. As far as the gear goes lots have had whine and some one piece drive shafts suck so do your homework. I put a 4.10 FRPP A gear in mine and it whines coast side and I hate it. Torque box braces will be a good thing also if you plan on putting the power to the ground.

RUSTYNAIL

Established Member
I actually had some spare time today and got a few good hours of wrench turning in. The gear install went great and we got the rear suspension mods all completed. The shifter assembly and handle/knob install was simple. The rear drive shaft I recieved didn't look so well and i ordered another. Tomorrw we plan to start the KB install.Pics coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread