GT500 recaro leather seats?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, I'm wondering if you can buy a set of the leather recaro GT500 seats anywhere? I know the leather recaro's weigh close to the same as the stock leather seats in my 5.0, i just like the look and feel of the recaro's and they're comfortable to sit in.

Any info is appreciated. Thank you

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Mike, spill the beans. Lets hear more about the seats!

They are the 2012 leather Recaro seats (black) from the GT500...they ship to me this coming Monday and I will post pictures as soon as I get them :)

I got my set from Van at Revan Racing. I do not know if he can get more but you can try him.

Here is a picture from a 2012 GT500:

photlmlklo.jpg

Here are some pictures of my set:

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I wish FRPP would just bail on the Recaro seats if it isn't going to happen in the near future. I'd much rather see something like the prototype carbon fiber Ford GT seats that Sparco did for Ford. Slight reworking of the upholstery pattern to match the GT500, but these bolt right into our S197's with the right brackets.

_DSC09521.jpg

_DSC09536.jpg

_DSC09535.jpg

_DSC09534.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Nov130920.gif

Statement from the gentleman that sold these...

A good friend of mine (who I purchased these seats from) does a lot of work with Sparco & told me that they had developed a prototype seat for the first GT500's that utilized the Ford GT seat - just with plain leather center sections rather than the plastic grommets. Same base, shape, brackets etc...

Ford did not put this seat into production as the costs were too high due to the carbon fiber construction.

Only other issue - no side air bags. They could be sold as "For Off Road Use Only" etc, and for much cheaper than an OE, side airbag equipped seat.

chuckstang

Established Member
what about the Boss non leather version...how much for those???

2000-3000 even for a set of 2 is crazy! Was that even for both or just one seat lol

DarthLord

Established Member
Seats

The seats will fit fox body and up. There's special mods required, like for fox bodies with rollcage you have to remove the handle to left the chair up and down. Also you can change out the tracks to power as others have done.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

08sprsnke

Yep That's a Woman's Ride
Established Member
what about the Boss non leather version...how much for those???

2000-3000 even for a set of 2 is crazy! Was that even for both or just one seat lol

And, they are not even power.... I need the power seats for the adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread