GT500 Reverse Clank

FordJunky

Established Member
So…my GT500 has been mostly garaged for the last three months due to winter, but today I decided to take it out for a spin because it was a nice day. I put the car in reverse, gave it some throttle and the car wouldn’t move. I gave it a touch more throttle and it finally broke loose, but there was a brief clank as it started to roll. This happened last month as well, but it was below zero that day and I just assumed something was frozen. Today was a 50 degree day so I’m wondering if it’s something else. I drove it around for a good half hour and tried to recreate the problem by reversing; no issues. Anybody else experience this issue? Thought maybe the brake pad was sticking but I’m really not sure. Just want to make sure it’s not something serious.

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
These have a hill roll control or whatever that feature is called. Basically, if you are on an incline and press the brake, when you let off the brake it stays engaged for a few second giving you time to transition to releasing the clutch and pressing the accelerator pedal. From your description, it sounds like that feature is engaging. I've noticed it at my office and the incline is pretty minimal.

Tom

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I get this backing out of my flat garage from time to time. Whether it is the anti-roll hill assist stuff or the brake sticking after releasing the parking brake, I don't know. I’ve never worried about it though.

Can attest to the extra throttle and clanking sound.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Brake pads stuck to rotor from flash rust and humidity. Nothing big. I daily mine and when it rains I get this almost every time I let it sit after rain for more than a day or so. Natures hill assist

Users who are viewing this thread