GT500 spoiler

GS357

Established Member
Saw a GT500 spoiler on a GT at a car show last week, and noticed it was kind of wavy and the clear coat was dying. It did not have a real gurney flap and the flap area was painted black. It this common of the aftermarket spoilers? Waves and low quality clear coat?

Would the Ford OEM part also line up with the small GT stock spoiler holes? TASCA Ford had the OEM ones for $245 shipped. Then paint would of course be extra, probably another $150.

liter of cola

Established Member
im gonna get one of those soon as im done with my more important mods. im definitely gonna go with the original ford part. i suggest you do too.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
The ones that aftermarket companies sell are all by 3Dcarbon. The quality is good but having the gurney flap molded in bothered me a lot. Earlier this week, I sold my 3dCarbon one to a friend and ordered a primered OEM spoiler so I use the TruCarbon Gurney Flap.

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
I bought the ford gt500 spoiler. My car had the stock GT spoiler on it. The new one bolted right on. The hardest part is getting the old one off and all of the darn double sided tape!

GS357

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I have a Sterling Grey GT and thinking about doing the GT500 spoiler in gloss black. Kind of the look on the 1LE Camaro and the new Vette. Stands out with the black out spoiler.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
I have the OEM GT500 spoiler (with the TruCarbon LG93 gurney flap) on my GT, it aligns right up and is a direct bolt on! I also got it from Tasca (or rather my brother did as a Christmas gift for me).
khainecfdecklid%201.jpg

khainecfdecklid%204.jpg

khainecfdecklid%203.jpg

khainegt500spoiler12.jpg

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
Alright so for the most legit setup does the gurney flap thing come standard on the oem part from ford or do I need to get the spoiler and a separate piece?

Users who are viewing this thread