GT500 Springs on GT?

arepee

Established Member
Does anyone know if GT500 lowering springs will work/fit on a GT, or is it a bad idea in general?

Car #1: 2011 GT 500 Coupe
My Car: 2012 GT Coupe
Springs: Eibach pro (Part #35115.140)

Eibach's website says that the springs that fit the GT are part #35125.140, so there is a different part number. Could it just be a different spring rate? Possibly due to the GT500 coming with 20" rear wheels?

I do have 20" rear wheels on my car so if that is the case I'm not too concerned. Really more interested in if they are the same size, mount at the same points, etc?

I tried to call Eibach on Friday, they were closed for Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have that long to decide.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Id say since there are 2 different part#'s you shouldnt put gt500 springs on a gt! They are different spring rates because the 5.4/5.8 motor is heavier then a 5.0 especially with a blower sitting on top of it!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Same thing I was thinking. The blower and bigger engine. Hd cooling etc. Probably will raise the front of a gt.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
if u use the gt 500 springs u will have to buy the upper mounts for the front that are for gt 500.they are better for aggressive driving and track use and will make the car easier for the alighment shop.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just about every well known aftermarket spring is better then any gt-500 spring, choose one of them!

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
The springs should fit, I bought some BMR springs off a GT500. They fit perfectly. The buyer I got my strings from also has some SVTPP springs very minor drop with a good ride

Posted via Topify using Android

Users who are viewing this thread