GT500 Styling...(Having Second thoughts)

chuckstang

Established Member
I feel like the looks should be growing on me but instead the opposite is occuring and the more pics I see, the more I think it is not looking so great.
I used to love the front end, but now all that black plastic just looks boring and doesnt go with the rest of the car. I think they needed to better blend the front end with the rest of the car. The coupes with stripes look ok, but the verts with no stripes look terrible.
I was at a Chevy dealership looking at a triple black c6 with chrome wheels and well for about the same price and much better looks IMO, I just don't know anymore if I could ever spend the big $$$$ for a GT500

Anyone else having second thoughts about this car? :shrug:

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I feel like the looks should be growing on me but instead the opposite is occuring and the more pics I see, the more I think it is not looking so great.
I used to love the front end, but now all that black plastic just looks boring and doesnt go with the rest of the car. I think they needed to better blend the front end with the rest of the car. The coupes with stripes look ok, but the verts with no stripes look terrible.
I was at a Chevy dealership looking at a triple black c6 with chrome wheels and well for about the same price and much better looks IMO, I just don't know anymore if I could ever spend the big $$$$ for a GT500

Anyone else having second thoughts about this car? :shrug:

+1 But SHHHHHHHHHH. Don't tell anyone about the C6 - I want to keep the price down.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
im with you on this one totally. I cant stand the rims either on them!!! Ive been lookin at the new c6's also omg i love em wish i had one lol.

earl lee

Established Member
Im not looking at a c6 but yes it does look better then the shelby and everytime somebody post pic's from say a test mule or whatever I look at it and then ask myself is this really worth 40K plus??? I mean, no offense to anybody who likes the shelby but man for a 40k+ car it looks cheap.

Then i saw a video of the new challenger (which i didnt like style wise either) but it is growing on me, I dont like the back end of the challenger but it leaps and bounds better looking then the shelby.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=115459
challenger test drive

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
I don't like posting the same thing on multiple threads, but the C6 is fine car and I wish all of you good luck.

I believe gmynko is right, if the Chevy dealers see a high demand for the C6, the price might come off of it's near invoice pricing it now has fairly quickly.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Yeah I started out loving it but now honestly I ****ing hate everything about the car except for the drivetrain. It's got more black plastic on it than a Chevy Avalanche and it's just so damn big. I wish there was something else for me to buy but I don't like late model Corvettes either, and I don't have the patience to wait until 2010 for a Camaro or Challenger. So I'm just gonna go ahead and get the ugly thing and mod it to look good I guess.

venams03

Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Yeah I started out loving it but now honestly I ****ing hate everything about the car except for the drivetrain. It's got more black plastic on it than a Chevy Avalanche and it's just so damn big. I wish there was something else for me to buy but I don't like late model Corvettes either, and I don't have the patience to wait until 2010 for a Camaro or Challenger. .

Exactly how I see it at this point. Well said! Except I'm not sure I'll actually bone up to get one. I wish there was other competition out there right now but it's gonna be a while

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
While I agree with most of you on the styling, I'm not ready to jump ship just yet. I like the looks of the coupe and with a few aftermarket parts, it will look sweet.

What bothers me the most is that parts of this car are already showing up for sale. You can buy the wheels, spoiler, and even the Shelby emblems BEFORE the car has even hit the showrooms. If this car is supposed to be so exclusive (the dealers would like you to think so with their markups) you would think Ford would want to prevent this from happening. :poke:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
03Terminator said:
...I'm not ready to jump ship just yet...
Yeah...a couple of pictures of possibly the worst combination (the white vert with no stripes) isn't going to sway my opinion one way or the other. I can't judge this thing until I'm sitting in it, walking around it and staring at it from all angles. I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt until I see it in person.

I thought every Mustang built after 1993 was an abomination...but a few years later I ended up owning a Terminator and thought it was one of the toughest looking Mustangs ever.

It's too early to throw the GT500 under the bus.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Wow, I wonder how long this thread remains so civil, lol.

I have to say I've been moving closer to indecision with every pic I see .. I'll echo some thoughts - the wheels aren't my taste at all, the hood is hideous, so those I'd need to change so I add $3000 for that, and now the vert pics (I'm a vert guy) are troubling to me to say the least .. so I don't know. It's funny cause I have my 03 Term & I'm now thinking what the hec I'm going to do, keep it, look at a C6 Vert with the potential to install a Maggie blower .. I dunno.

I just don't think I'm going to like the Vert500 $50K worth

It's relieving to see some others thinking like me, & I know, let's get it out of the way now .. if some us choose not to go GT500, that'll be that many more for others, grin.

chuckstang

Established Member
I just really feel bad for some reason if I was to ever switch to a Chevy lol
The GT500 seems to be getting uglier and uglier...but the performance seems to keep getting better and better...

What is a good website to learn more about the C6 and all it's options, pricing, and potential?
If this GT500 was priced at about $35k I would no doubt want it but when you can buy a much lighter, sleeker and overall better car, the C6, it makes the decision very very hard.
I think Ford really ***ed up by pricing this thing in Vette territory while still retaining cheap Ford plastic covering the entire car.

Dam, I just wish someone would buy this triple black C6 I see everyday as I get off the highway! Because I can't stand to not see it in my garage ahah

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I just really feel bad for some reason if I was to ever switch to a Chevy lol
The GT500 seems to be getting uglier and uglier...but the performance seems to keep getting better and better...

What is a good website to learn more about the C6 and all it's options, pricing, and potential?
If this GT500 was priced at about $35k I would no doubt want it but when you can buy a much lighter, sleeker and overall better car, the C6, it makes the decision very very hard.
I think Ford really ***ed up by pricing this thing in Vette territory while still retaining cheap Ford plastic covering the entire car.

Dam, I just wish someone would buy this triple black C6 I see everyday as I get off the highway! Because I can't stand to not see it in my garage ahah

www.corvetteforum.com

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I'm not a huge fan of the 05+ styling, but I'm going to reserve final judgement on the GT500 until I can actually see one in person. No way in h-e-l-l I'll pay over 40K so I really doubt one will be in my future. I hope the next Mustang redesign goes back to modern styling. The 'vettes have been calling my name lately too... :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread