GT500 Styling...(Having Second thoughts)

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
What's interesting is that the Wt/Pwr is nearly identical between the C6 and Shelby, with slight edge to the Shelby. However, A built Vette - like a Lingenfelter 402 - with 510 hp has a ZO6 like w/p. Plus, with fully forged internals and a blueprinted motor, slappin a KB on it would be really insane. The Shelby will need big, big power to keep up with a comparable p/w.

BTW, the p/w on my 03 is pretty insane.

venams03

Established Member
I just went to the Corvette forum and it seems that you can get into a new '06 C6 for under 40k. Man, I hate Chevy's but look at what it's probably going to cost to get in a new GT-500....and all that plastic, ugly hood, cut corners etc. That's what has me looking elsewhere. Top if off with the insane ADMs and the A******* FORD dealers.

I dunno..

stang22

Established Member
chuckstang said:
I feel like the looks should be growing on me but instead the opposite is occuring and the more pics I see, the more I think it is not looking so great.
I used to love the front end, but now all that black plastic just looks boring and doesnt go with the rest of the car. I think they needed to better blend the front end with the rest of the car. The coupes with stripes look ok, but the verts with no stripes look terrible.
I was at a Chevy dealership looking at a triple black c6 with chrome wheels and well for about the same price and much better looks IMO, I just don't know anymore if I could ever spend the big $$$$ for a GT500

Anyone else having second thoughts about this car? :shrug:
My brother has new C6 vette,..and too me its just ok! I'm not a real big vette fan,..car to me is just ok! Hp,weight,and price is not bad,..but too me the styling is just ok,(headlight area really looks cheap),.my neighbor owns a 300csrt-8 with just a cat-back system,and it pretty much almost kept up with my brother's C6 vert.! I know the C6 handles good,..but it really doesn't do anything for me at all....I saw the z06 in person,..and while I like the hp,weight,and handling once again,..for that kind of money the styling to the untrained eye would say its not much different than the C6,styling. But I also know what your saying about the new shelby gt500,...as I have had similar thoughts,...and it comes down too this for me,...as I have said many times before,(too some criticism by others) :rolleyes: ....This year is the "svt influenced shelby",...but next year I do believe will be the "Real carroll shelby influenced" vehicle,with alot more aggressive looks,lowered,etc. and even better performance! The Hertz model even looks cool,..so I can't wait to see next years "real shelby influenecd" gt500! ;-) I would hold off for 1 year! ;-)

mrGT

Established Member
Thanks, gymnko, for the vette site. It is a pretty interesting site. What I did find interesting is the complaints about the dealers charging $10-15K over MSRP for the Z06, while selling the base model for invoice.

All the talk about getting a Z06 on this side implied you could get a good deal on one...not so, if the Vette boys and girls are correct.

Jpjr

Established Member
mrGT said:
Thanks, gymnko, for the vette site. It is a pretty interesting site. What I did find interesting is the complaints about the dealers charging $10-15K over MSRP for the Z06, while selling the base model for invoice.

All the talk about getting a Z06 on this side implied you could get a good deal on one...not so, if the Vette boys and girls are correct.

People are getting the Z06 at MSRP. I know of one specifically, I guess it's like anything else how well you know someone at the dealership. I'm sure there will be a handful of people that get a Shelby at MSRP but won't be saying anything.

And you keep mentioning that the Vette is selling at invoice. Isn't that what cars do 2 years removed from launch? My Cobra certainly did. And I love my Cobra ;)

mrGT

Established Member
Jpjr said:
And you keep mentioning that the Vette is selling at invoice. Isn't that what cars do 2 years removed from launch? My Cobra certainly did. And I love my Cobra ;)
I guess you may be right, but to this day I've never been able to buy a Lexus at invoice.

chuckstang

Established Member
Where are all these 40k or less c6 vettes? any links
I am looking for a black on black with chrome wheels, 6 speed of course and removeable roof.
Whats the cheapest z51 c6 anyone has seen ?
Oh wait, I should go to corvette forum and ask these questions lol
sorry
but you guys know ur shit so Ill ask here anyway :)

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Where are all these 40k or less c6 vettes? any links
I am looking for a black on black with chrome wheels, 6 speed of course and removeable roof.
Whats the cheapest z51 c6 anyone has seen ?
Oh wait, I should go to corvette forum and ask these questions lol
sorry
but you guys know ur shit so Ill ask here anyway :)

Kerbeck, Les Stanford and someplace in New Hampshire. Also, Spitzer in Cleveland

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
mrGT said:

ZO6s are tough to get with a lot of people paying 10K over. SSome dealers are asking 20-30K over. Demand is way outstripping supply.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I am thinking of buying a 2000 Viper for $50k or so. Mmmmmmmm . . . Viper. Vettes sell at or near MSRP because they sell all they can make.

bluestreak89

Established Member
Jpjr said:
People are getting the Z06 at MSRP. I know of one specifically, I guess it's like anything else how well you know someone at the dealership. I'm sure there will be a handful of people that get a Shelby at MSRP but won't be saying anything.

The people who get them at MSRP are few and far between.

The GT500 will look better in person. Wheels will make it look tons better. Not to mention a body kit. But now you are in the 60k range which is way to close to the C6Z

Ford may sell them all in the first year but after that they will be lucky to get MSRP for them. Maybe they will make it like the GT and just halt production.

I dont like how the C6 looks. Ecept for the Z, but to each his own.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
About 2 months ago, I was offered a spot for an 06 ZO6 for MSRP.

It was not difficult at all. Took about a week to find the deal.

mrGT

Established Member
Purvis said:
About 2 months ago, I was offered a spot for an 06 ZO6 for MSRP.

It was not difficult at all. Took about a week to find the deal.
You may want to do those Vette boys and girls a favor and go over to their forum and post where they can find one...I'm pretty sure they'd appreciate it.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
As I said, its not hard.
I also know someone that actually closed a deal at MSRP for an 06..

You just have to be a litttle patient and get friendly with one of the big dealers.

I would guess in a few more months, MSRP will become more and more common.

Oh and that was a typo, my deal was for an 07'..

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Purvis said:
As I said, its not hard.
I also know someone that actually closed a deal at MSRP for an 06..

You just have to be a litttle patient and get friendly with one of the big dealers.

I would guess in a few more months, MSRP will become more and more common.

Oh and that was a typo, my deal was for an 07'..

That makes more sense. 07's can be had for MSRP and there are lots of dealers that will sell their allocations at MSRP, but their allocations are smal to begin with. 06's are not going to happen for MSRP. Not many people who are driving around right now can say they paid MSRP.

98slowbra

Established Member
get ready to bend over and take it right up the A$$ cause I see some dealerships already up to $74k for this shitbox, get ready to spend up to $40k over MSRP for this shitbox

chuckstang

Established Member
what shitbox
z06 or gt500?

Also, is there going to be any differences from the 06 C6 vs the 07 C6????????????
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread