gt500 swap

Boozshey

Established Member
If its going in a 2012 it will be fine.

If his dash is okay it would really be easier to swap the dash for dash.

que4dog

Established Member
OK figured out the alternator mount issue. A company called sullivan performance products sells an alternator mount that will allow me to mount it in the stock position without having to spend 1200 bucks on the stock oil cooler adapter plate. Then I will just run a remote oil filter kit.

I have a Twin Turbo setup on my GT500 and was thinking about running a remote oil cooling kit. If you want all the stock GT500 oil cooler setup with alternator mount contact me. Maybe we can work out something that will ease cost for us both.

12wendel12

Established Member
I'd have to look at the v6 lines. They may very well be different. I just know for sure the GT and GT500 are the same until 2010.

Hi guys, I know this thread is very old, but I wanted to ask you guys since you guys have done and know more than me about this swap. I have a 2008 Mustang V6 Premium Pony Package Auto. I found a 2008 GT500 engine with a T6060 transmission (19k miles on eng and trans), here is a list of what they will give me with the engine and trans:
  • Engine (Supercharger to Oil pan) Ford Racing Supercharger
  • MAF
  • Complete Transmission T6060 with shifter
  • Intercooler pump
  • Engine bay harness
  • dash harness
  • Body harness
  • ECU
  • Brake booster
  • Coolant tank
  • Pedal Assembly
  • Gauge cluster
  • steering column
  • Body control module
  • Fuel tank with modules
  • Driveshaft
The engine does have the K-member (where the control arms mount), I have found what I think is all the other parts I will need:
  • gt500 springs (not needed but also getting hotchkiss stage one sway bars)
  • GT500 radiator
  • AFCO Pro-Series heat exchanger with fans (seller is not giving me cooling)
Anything else I will need? What will be my biggest challenge? Any input greatly appreciated!

Also, if you can tag other members that have information, that would be great. I joined yesterday; still learning how to use the site.

Thanks,
Jacob

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
A few of those guys may not be around anymore.

Youll need to think about exhaust, also emmissions in your area. Do you have headers? If not its a great time to go 2.75"-3" over the axle pipes and 2011+ muffler flanges.

Last edited:

12wendel12

Established Member
A few of those guys may not be around anymore.

Youll need to think about exhaust, also emmissions in your area. Do you have headers? If not its a great time to go 2.75"-3" over the axle pipes and 2011+ muffler flanges.

It is all stock, has the catted headers. The last E-check (Ohio) I had, they plugged into the OBD II port to see there were no codes and checked for cats. Did not check actual emissions (no hose on exhaust pipes). I was going to leave it open headers until I can afford the rest of the exhaust. With stock headers, would it be to my advantage to get the bigger diameter back half of exhaust? Eventually will get pulleys to up the boost and go E85...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread