GT500 Tires = $500+ a Pop.

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
Here's a link to the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires that Speed magazine reported will be on the GT500. I've looked at a few photos of the show car and the tires on it look more like the Goodyear Eagle F1 (non-Supercar version) to me.

At almost twice the price, do you think the Supercar tires are worth the extra $1,000? Or do you think the Supercar tires will disappear so fast that the non-Supercar version would do just fine?

jshen

Established Member
Hell NO

NVWSSV said:
Here's a link to the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires that Speed magazine reported will be on the GT500. I've looked at a few photos of the show car and the tires on it look more like the Goodyear Eagle F1 (non-Supercar version) to me.

At almost twice the price, do you think the Supercar tires are worth the extra $1,000? Or do you think the Supercar tires will disappear so fast that the non-Supercar version would do just fine?

I got rid of Goodyear on my 03 cobra and could not have been happier with the BFGs that replaced them....BFG will make something better..and less expensive...

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
NVWSSV said:

If the car is set up well, the Goodyear F1 Supercar's will prove to be an awesome tire choice. They come stock on Z06s and are excellent dry traction tires for that car. They are excellent for straightline and cornering. In the wet however, you will need active handling or at least a moderate right foot because traction under that condition is extremely limited if not non-existent.

Under normal rwd sport car driving expect about 6-9k miles from the rears before needing to replace. Worth it?? Hard to say without knowing what the drive characteristics of the GT-500 are. With a stock Z06 they are a great choice although Toyo R1A's and Nitto 555R2's are much better and cheaper.

-RR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread