GT500 torch red white stripes painted plastic to match

09Snake

Established Member
Hey everyone. I found a car that i liked the look of on evoloution performance's website in the photo gallary. It was a gt500 red with white (or grey) stripes and the black plastic pieces were painted to match. I was blown away with how awesome it looked and made it my desktop wallpaper.:rolling: I called one of the guy that i knew that worked at a collision center that had a great rep for being a great painter and got him to paint the plastic to match the car. Here are a few pics of the car with the mirrors, rockers and rear bumper painted. The pictures were Taken in the paint shop so they are not the greatest quality but take a look and let me know what ya think:beer:

DSC03273.JPG

DSC03283.JPG

DSC03286.JPG

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
It is certainly a unique look, kind of like the mono paint scheme that set the first gen Lightning apart from it's brothers. Looks like very good paint work as well, I'm not sure if I would do it to my own car but it should set you apart from the pack. I think matching the rocker moldings and mirriors had the biggest impact visually, overall nice final product.

Cheers,

09Snake

Established Member
Yea i think it's a personal preference for sure. I notice you have a white with blue stripes, did you happen to see the car on here that is the same as yours with the rockers and mirrors painted? Looks really good. I'll see if i can find it.

goingup

Established Member
I really like the painted mirrors.

I really do not like how the white strips end and the red paint now continues on the rear. Maybe you can continue the strip.

rdsnk46

Established Member
It looks good man! My buddy has the side skirts and mirrors on his white GT500 done and it looks awesome. On my car (Alloy) I think the black accents are a better look, I guess it just depends on the car!

chuckstang

Established Member
paint the front spolier as well

and if it had been mine I would have left the center of the rear diffuser unpainted or continued the stripe and if you paint the front spolier, continue the stripe there as well

but really looks good so it doesnt matter hah

09Snake

Established Member
paint the front spolier as well

and if it had been mine I would have left the center of the rear diffuser unpainted or continued the stripe and if you paint the front spolier, continue the stripe there as well

but really looks good so it doesnt matter hah

hehe yea, thats why i posted this on here i wanted it to get picked apart to see what people really thought. People i show the car to in person just think it looks great because it's a shelby and won't tell me what they really think.

As for the front chin spolier the car i based this off of didn't paint his and i liked how it looked as compared to it painted i felt it took away from the look of the car when standing in front of it somehow.

As for the rear stripe that is how he did his and i like how it looks and i'm not sure how the two stripes continuing down onto the rear diffuser would look, maybe i'll photoshop some stripes on and have a look.

Here is how his looks

http://www.evoperform.com/photogallery/?level=album&id=19

Here is how one looks without the plastic painted red

http://www.evoperform.com/photogallery/?level=album&id=23

I dunno, i prefer the red one :)

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
Nice job

The car looks great! Should have come from the factory like that.
I wouldn't change a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread