GT500 + Tune = 481 RW HP & 475 RW TQ SAE

CarmelSRT

Banned
I got my 2007 Shelby GT500 tuned last week and got 481 rw hp and 475 rw tq. After several tuning runs it still made 477 rw hp with a lot of heat soak. The car has about 300 miles.

The stock baseline numbers were 449.5 rw hp and 445 rw tq on a cool motor and 432 rw hp with heat soak.

So the heat soak numbers stock to tuned are a pretty strong gain at 45 rw hp. Seat of the pants driving is impressive with much more mid range response.

Should have some more testing done this week with exhaust and cold air intake. Next is a pulley. Anybody have a pulley that will work? If not we have a CNC mill and will make some to test out.

John

CarmelSRT said:
I got my 2007 Shelby GT500 tuned last week and got 481 rw hp and 475 rw tq. After several tuning runs it still made 477 rw hp with a lot of heat soak. The car has about 300 miles.

The stock baseline numbers were 449.5 rw hp and 445 rw tq on a cool motor and 432 rw hp with heat soak.

So the heat soak numbers stock to tuned are a pretty strong gain at 45 rw hp. Seat of the pants driving is impressive with much more mid range response.

Should have some more testing done this week with exhaust and cold air intake. Next is a pulley. Anybody have a pulley that will work? If not we have a CNC mill and will make some to test out.

John

Damn bro...you must not give a damn about your warranty if you already started tuning at 300 miles. My kind of guy :rockon:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Nice numbers...

are those numbers sae, std? what kind of dyno? Temps outside, humidity? What is your a/f, timing? Octane gas?

CarmelSRT

Banned
dgussin1 said:
Nice numbers...

are those numbers sae, std? what kind of dyno? Temps outside, humidity? What is your a/f, timing? Octane gas?

SAE. I am in Houston, TX (100 ft. above sea level) and its probably been in the 90's @ 70%+ humidity. I think if we were shooting for some dyno queen numbers we could have got 490 rw hp. But the number I am happiest with is the heat soaked dyno flog number of 477 rw hp. We do have 93 octane which is certainly an advantage over 91 Kalifornia gas.

Very happy with the initial results. No I dont care about warranty but if it were a problem I could put the car back to stock pretty quick.

The biggest downside to the Shelby is its weight. So it needs all the power to overcome its portly self.

John

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
CarmelSRT said:
SAE. I am in Houston, TX (100 ft. above sea level) and its probably been in the 90's @ 70%+ humidity. I think if we were shooting for some dyno queen numbers we could have got 490 rw hp. But the number I am happiest with is the heat soaked dyno flog number of 477 rw hp. We do have 93 octane which is certainly an advantage over 91 Kalifornia gas.

Very happy with the initial results. No I dont care about warranty but if it were a problem I could put the car back to stock pretty quick.

The biggest downside to the Shelby is its weight. So it needs all the power to overcome its portly self.

John

So I'm guessing we found out that the computer doesn't remember when it gets tuned last?

CarmelSRT

Banned
VelociTT said:
great numbers man! thanks for posting them up

any plans to take her to the track?

Soon! The pulley and exhaust mods should be done this week. Then re-tune. Then go to track. Hoepfully will have some timeslips in a few weeks.

bubbrubb

CarmelSRT said:
Soon! The pulley and exhaust mods should be done this week. Then re-tune. Then go to track. Hoepfully will have some timeslips in a few weeks.
bad ass man! pleaaase keep us updated, because everybody would LOVE to see what somebody other than evolution performance runs with some mods! :rockon: :rockon: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
John:

Thanks for sharing your experiences here with us. I can see you've done some great things with the car and it also appears you can drive?! :rockon:

Please keep us posted with your progress. We are all very interested in the capabilities of these cars!

Welcome to the site!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread