GT500 vacuum hose routing ?

ghig50

Established Member
I have looked and cannot seem to find a vacuum hose diagram of where all of the vacuum lines and hoses go for a gt500.

A full diagram would be nice to see (anyone have one?)
The main question I have is exactly where the lower vacuum hose goes that starts at the lower supercharger bypass valve ?
I am 99 percent sure it goes to the CAI? SC Bubbler Tube.jpg

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
The main question I have is exactly where the lower vacuum hose goes that starts at the lower supercharger bypass valve ?
I am 99 percent sure it goes to the CAI?

Yes, bypass valve to intake tube.

Bypass valve.jpg

Intake tube.jpg

Driver side.jpg

Passenger side.jpg

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. So basically number 1 in first picture is one end of number 5 in second picture?

Yes. Had to pull the above pics from different sections of the Ford Workshop Manual to piece it all together.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The lower port on the vacuum actuator is simple vented to atmosphere. There is no vacuum from the intake tube but it's routed to the CAI tube to keep dirt out of it.

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2014 Mustang Factory Service Manual.

Supercharger Bypass (SCB) System
The SCB system allows the high pressure air at the outlet of the supercharger to vent back into the inlet of the supercharger, equalizing the pressure. This eliminates the boost (increased pressure that the supercharger produces) for times when supercharger function is undesirable. The system uses a vacuum bypass actuator, which controls the bypass valve inside the supercharger. The system normally operates with engine vacuum applied to the upper port of the vacuum bypass actuator, while the lower port references the air pressure in the clean air tube to cancel out any pressure difference in the intake air system. The actuator is set to open (bypassing the supercharger) during high vacuum engine conditions. As the throttle is opened and engine vacuum decreases, the actuator closes to allow the supercharger to pressurize the air in the manifold.

YouGoGlenCocoa

Established Member
Can anoyone tell me where the picture came from in the original post from OP? I'm a noob and would like to learn more about this. Thanks!

Cobra220

Established Member
Maybe someone can help me here, Have a 2013 gt 500, had the purge valve replaced and since then lost half of the boost. Boost on the super charger is only running 7psi max, replace the belt, checked the bypass valve it works no leaks, checked the lines and they are ok, any ideas?? No fault codes at all.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
And how are you determining the 7 psi of boost? Do you have an aftermarket gauge or are you using the fake one on the dash?

Cobra220

Established Member
And how are you determining the 7 psi of boost? Do you have an aftermarket gauge or are you using the fake one on the dash?
Using the one in the info system on the car. The one in the car was working ok but you can def not feel the power no more or hear the super charger kick in.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you pulled the EVAP valve to see if they might have damaged the o-ring? If they didn't pull off the supercharger, I'm not sure what else it could be. Is the car stock or tuned?

Cobra220

Established Member
No havent yet , but good thought , its stock, I think the evap is under the left front fender??

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The EVAP valve plugs into the back of the elbow on the supercharger. It's held on by two bolts. It's not a likely source of a loss in boost, but could be causing issues that is has the stock programming to make corrections. It is summertime too. Heat soak zaps a lot of power on an otherwise stock engine.

Cobra220

Established Member
The EVAP valve plugs into the back of the elbow on the supercharger. It's held on by two bolts. It's not a likely source of a loss in boost, but could be causing issues that is has the stock programming to make corrections. It is summertime too. Heat soak zaps a lot of power on an otherwise stock engine.
Thanks I am going to look into this tomorrow, where on the supercharger should I look? In the back of it? I just did a scan on it and no fault codes at all. Going to check vacuum lines to see if pinched or leaking somewhere. To bad you cannot grab vacuum somewhere else off the motor.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The vacuum port on the by-pass motor is the one on top to the rear and the vacuum line is routed to the to the supercharger near the EGR. There's another port that's lower and toward the front and it just vents to atmosphere inside the air tube. The EVAP valve is on the back side of the elbow. Another possibility is that the by-pass valve is not effectively closing. It should snap shut in the absence of vacuum. The by-pass motor has slotted holes to adjust for that.

If you have a flash tool, you might want to datalog the car and monitor ignition timing, spark retard and IAT2 temps to get an idea what's going on. If you see a few degrees of spark retard and IAT2 temps in the range of 130* or higher, it's heat soak.

Users who are viewing this thread