GT500 vs GT350

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why wouldn’t it be?

How many Condor/Trinity engines have popped because of boost (not revs) versus how many Coyotes have been popped? Real question. At the end of the day, they're all Ford engines. Why would one be more reliable than the other. You don't think the Voodoo is forged to cope with those 8,250 revs? Why would boost be an issue? Worst case scenario, the tuner could back the revs down to 7K or something like that. However, for the sake of keeping the Voodoo's revving capabilities, shops that are boosting them are using huge pulleys to slow down the blowers. And they're still making 800++ HP.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So a $5K Ford engine is more reliable than a $20K Ford engine? 'splain.

The Voodoo was never meant in its stock configuration to be boosted. Can it be? sure. That said I'd rather blow up a coyote which I can find on ebay, the Parts Farm, etc.....all day every day used for $5-7 as a complete drivetrain. If I really searched I could probably find just the engine for $3K. Thus my/your exposure when it does pop is much less. You really are too smart for such a dumb question.

I know that Lethal boosted a Voodoo, what ever happened with that car. Except for the intial information they had put a blower on it, I've personally have never heard anything else about it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Irrespective of the secondhand and thirdhand emotional BS that people harbor against him, Hennessey is selling 900HP blown GT350s. I haven't heard of any popping. @JD-GT500 just posted a video the other day with a blown GT350. ThatDudeinBlue has reviewed at least 2 blown GT350s. There are plenty more out there, I'm sure. Haven't heard about any popping.

08mojo

Established Member
Irrespective of the secondhand and thirdhand emotional BS that people harbor against him, Hennessey is selling 900HP blown GT350s. I haven't heard of any popping. @JD-GT500 just posted a video the other day with a blown GT350. ThatDudeinBlue has reviewed at least 2 blown GT350s. There are plenty more out there, I'm sure. Haven't heard about any popping.

Emotional BS? The guy/shop has been proven to be a crook time and time again. Anyways...

What are the build details on those cars? Completely stock internals? I haven't kept up with the weak links on the voodoo motor, but just because it has a forged rotating assembly does not automatically mean it can withstand the increased cylinder pressures of forced induction.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know that Lethal boosted a Voodoo, what ever happened with that car. Except for the intial information they had put a blower on it, I've personally have never heard anything else about it.
It was on Ebay recently, not sure if it was ever bought by anyone. Im sure if it got cheap enough someone will swoop it up. Maybe another shop?

rwleonard

Established Member
Keep the power you have and take the money you would have to spend to get into the GT350 to your local Griggs installer.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
a voodoo with boost will simply never be as durable as a 5.4/5.8L GT500 motor. I cant believe people dont understand that. It was designed for high RPM NA operation, not the same as a purpose built FI motor.

SlowYellow

Established Member
I had the same dilemma when I sold my cobra. I drove both, and bought a 500. For the streetlight to streetlight driving, the 500 has the fun factor by a large margin. The 350 is a great car, don’t get me wrong but just not for me.

Also, FWIW, the owner of the 350 had a stock 07’ GT500, and says that he misses it. He’s waiting on the new 500 to come out and his 350 will be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread